Uriah Heef
21 years ago
Got mine today- Happy birthday to me!
Gan is solid.
Goody
21 years ago
Got my box Gan! WOW, thanks so much for your generosity! A true BOTL!


Goody
gonesledn
21 years ago
many many thanks again gan ! ! ! ! !!

i fired up the unbanded perfecto shape gar while i was cleaning out the garage. it lit nice, drew perfect, and had a wonderful taste to it... can you tell me what it was?

thanks,
wes
Gandalf
  • Gandalf
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
Wes;
If it had a tightly tapered foot (almost like a SS), it was a Perdomo over-run (looks like a #3 to me). If it tapered at the foot but was still pretty fat towards the end, that would be a Cuban Cafe Reject Figurado with about 3 months of humi time on it. Its one of my favorites and unfortunately CI is sold out. They do have a 6x50 Toro available, and that may also have been in your package. They really need some humi time to sweeten them up, but for the $$ its worth the wait.

FYI to everyone who received a square pressed 6.5 by fifty-something torpedo - beware, it has some real kick to it at least to my palate (probably CAO eXtreme)

Enjoy,

Gan
Carvajal5150
21 years ago
I received my package.
Thank you Gandalf!!!
5150
mikecook
21 years ago
gan -

got your awesome package today! i've seen a lot of bombing over the past week, but you my friend are definitely the field general with the artillery you're launching!

So I ran home at luch today to grab my checkbook 'cause I had to stop by the gas co. to pay the bill... Checked the mailbox and found that wonderful box waiting for me...

Took the box back to work with me.... After about a hour of working away at my desk, the building's fire alarm goes off.... So I grab my coat and your package and head for the parking lot...

After standing around for 10 minutes in the cold, I thought screw this and tore open that bad boy... What nice looking sticks! I sparked up a dark, box-pressed churchill, got a folding chair out of the trunk and began to enjoy your generosity...

After another 15 minutes or so, the fire chief gives us to all clear to go back in, but I said "no way... this cigar's got a nice burn, nice draw, tastes great and I'm going to finish it..."

and about 40 minutes later I did... much to the consternation of my colleagues...

but oh well, sometimes these things have to be done...
thanks again gandalf, you are a true BOTL...

happy holidays,

mike

lukin
21 years ago
Just had one of those box-pressed 6.5 mothers and boy was it good. Why would you say it was CAO extreme? Why would it come unbanded. I get the unbanded Perdomo's and Cuban Cafe...but I've never heard of CAO seconds
Gandalf
  • Gandalf
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
"Tabacalera Perdomo in Esteli, Nicaragua, is where some of the highest-rated brands in the business are created, such as Perdomo Reserve, CAO, and many others."

Maybe I'm misreading this, but I take it to mean that the over-runs encompass many different labels that Perdomo manufactures. Its just a guess as to what it might be........
lukin
21 years ago
I see white wizard...whatever it was, it was delicious with a pot of coffee
dave97402
21 years ago
Gan.....you bastid!! Thanks for sending my gift on this to Crabby......but you weren't suppose to send it to me as well!! Dang man. What a great looking box of smokes!! Enjoyed the silver labeled K. Hansotia (sp?) on the deck this evening.....thank you my friend...not necessary, or expected (those are best aren't they?) but it will be enjoyed....revenge as they say.....revenge!

Dave
Gandalf
  • Gandalf
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
Just a little sumptin' for all you did on the newbie box pass and for sendin' Crabby you sampler. Nice gestures, both.

Enjoy 'em Dave, thats what its all about.
thurson
21 years ago
And what does the Wizard do...just like a favorite TV show he sends me a re-run of the finished sampler. WOW, some great looking, sniff sniff, and smelling smokes! Yee Haa...Thanks Gan.
Gandalf
  • Gandalf
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
Thats for having to smoke all those DRs that didn't make the cut, and for the fine reviews you did. Maybe I'll post them for the others to read......

Happy Holidays and safe travelling Tim!
burninbluz
21 years ago
Gan,

I been away from the computer for a few days here. I did receive your awesome package and plan on lighting up a couple of them over the weekend. Many Thanks and Happy Holidays.
burninbluz
vasmooth
21 years ago
This is all new to me but I'd Love some free CI's
KNOF
21 years ago
WOW, How the heck did I miss this thread?
I guess I should come back to the boards from time to time, heheheee. Really missed this one, LOL!
blackfoot11
21 years ago
got a sampler today from this fine BOTL.
i really can't wait to spark up that ancient warrior.

that was a helluva nice sampler, my friend. thank you.

you do, however, realize that i still have to destroy your next mailbox because of your sniper activities, don't you? bbbbwwwaaaaahahahahahah


thanks again, gan.

blacky
Users browsing this topic