lukin
21 years ago
There are a few people on the boards that I consider kindred spirits...you are one of them....nice stash by the way.
Homebrew
21 years ago
I can't remember the disks I threw into the blind box pass, but I know there is a Marley show in there.
I am enjoying the reviews.
Dave (A.K.A. Homebrew)
jetblasted
21 years ago
lsfireisanidiot has a point, homebrew, ... you have spent way too much on your collection. To ease your mind and pain, I will take that box of Hemi's off of your hands to lighten your load. Until then ... Smoke 'em if you got 'em ...
thurson
21 years ago
Burky wrote: "You're right lsfire, I quit, see ya guys. I'm going to stamp collecting!!"

Don't do it Burky, you'll get hooked on the glue!
jcwbnimble
21 years ago
Ok,

You want to talk about a hobby that takes tons of money and usually gets you nothing in the end. Reef tanks, pure and simple. I have probably dumped at least $20000 into reef tanks over the last 10 years, and most of the time the fish and corals die.

The most succesful tank I had lasted 3 years before crashing while I was on vacation.

So, how many cubans or VSG's, or Opus X, or Padrons could I have purchased with $20000? At least I would have a stockpile of smokeable cigars now, instead of a garage full of dusty aquarium equipment.

So, keep on stockpiling those beautiful sticks of heaven, and don't let anyone tell you that your wasting your money.

peace.
sli38
21 years ago
ls
Cigars are not just a hobby, It's a life style. There is nothing I would rather do after a hard day at work than smoke a well aged cigar. As for health, If it were not for the stress relieving effects of a good cigar, I would probably have dropped dead from a heart attack long ago. And the cost?.....I can afford it! Maybe if you can't, you should do consider a less expensive hobby.
8trackdisco
21 years ago
Nice collection Homebrew. Several tasty treats in there.

Oh and as for the "cost of the cigar" hobby. I decided to take pencil to paper on this.

1983-1999 Out three nights a week, consuming triple whiskey & waters.

1999-Present Out maybe once a week, a couple Jim Beam Black & Cokes and two or three cigars per week.

I am saving TONS of money.

Thanks Cbid, soon I'll be rich!
lsfire
21 years ago
sli38

don't assume facts not in evidence. Never said I couldn't afford it, I did question whether or not I want to.

as to the health issues, I won't touch that.

Lance
yatang
21 years ago
Amen to Seth and Homie, I agree 100%. Very cool collection homie, really wish we can get together someday and smoke a few good ones.

Homie, I too, suffer from severe depression. It’s genetic for me and I have tried different medication for it but like homie said they really mess you up. The drugs keep me awake and I cannot sleep for a few days till I stop taking it. Then I will pray that the depression does not return so soon.

Like homie said, ever since I started smoking cigars, I seem to be doing a bit better. I have a quite decent collection and like most of you I collected a lot of good cigars. Some I will smoke and some I wont, but the point is every now and then when my life really sucks, I will take all the cigars from my humidors and cabinets out, look at them, smell them, play with them and reorganize them. At the same time, I keep telling myself that “hey, at least I have cigars that I can enjoy and I should be proud that at least I have the ability and mean to afford it!, Be positive, be positive.” and it usually works.

I enjoyed smoking cigars, mostly because of all the new people and friends that I can meet through this hobby.

Hey sooner or later, we all going to die so let’s make a toast.

To my favorite Cohiba, “We hang together; we die together, Cohiba for life!”
mellowfellow
21 years ago
Homebrew:

Your third (longer post) really struck a nerve with me. I too suffer at night and have problems sleeping. I don't have a name for it, but it is almost like my mind will not shut off, like watching 3-4 t.v.'s at a time and none can be turned off.

A good cigar and a good beer at the end of the night melt the worries away. Maybe just sitting in the garage and staring at the stars does this? I have obsessive/compulsive behavior that I am about to get on medication for as well, as well as very low, low bouts of depression. I hate to hear the medication does not work for you, because I am afraid to take it and lose my personality and senses.

I, like everyone here have more cigars than I will ever need, and yes, I worry about the health problems associated with this as an earlier poster pointed out, but I work out 3 times per week minimum, play golf one to two times when the weather permits, and I am not overweight. When I first started smoking cigars my wife was actually thrilled for the most part saying that I would rather you relax and die happy, then worry all the time and have a heart attack from worry. Again, I think Cigars can melt that away alot of days.

I dont know if that helped you, but I am glad to have a kindred spirit out there.

MF
cjmkcm
21 years ago
Brew,
How did you get in my house again? My wife promised she was done with you.
Users browsing this topic