Jdllizard
21 years ago
I love this pic.
John L
rayder1
21 years ago
Great pic. It's beautiful to see one underway.

My dad (Navy WWII) told me : "Y'know why they have Marines on ships?"







"Because you have to clean up after sheep."

My apologies to all of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children...I just liked the joke.

Ray
havanaone
21 years ago
USAHog,My cousin retired from the Air Force in New Port,We went to the navy base and saw all the ships in the docks.It was real KOOL.BTW they also have a nice mall there with some great resturants.Then went to a rib joint. Do you happen to know which one it is??
Their food was great.

KIm(HV1)
usahog
  • usahog
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
Kim, I was Prior Air Force... I as you only had the oppertunity to see the ships from the Docks.. I'm also from the Midwest so do not know what mall and places your speaking about?? Penzt8 and others live in the area your talking about and CWFoster is still a sailor who is from that area also...

One of these days I'd love to make a trip back to Pearl Harbor and tour the USS Missouri.. Some Great History there!!!

This Photo was sent to me from a good friend and Author who is writing a book now on the USS Franklin... when he's done with it I think it will be a great book as his other Book he wrote on the Black Devils Brigade (A Biography)Author Joseph A. Springer... Spoken from the surviving members of the First Special Services Forces in WW II.. the Germans gave them the name "Black Devils"... and to read the book you would know why....

Hog
jgjam
21 years ago
Hog... great pic... saved to my computer but would love to use it as my desktop image... had an opportunity to visit the Arizona memorial last year for the first time... a real special place... do you have a higher res pic or could you point me as to where to find it...

Thanks
John
usahog
  • usahog
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
John... I'll give Joe a call tomorrow (gives me a reason to shoot the breeze with him as he's tied up with his other book) If I email him and ask I may never get a reply back LOL...

I'll get back to you on this one....

Hog
MACS
21 years ago
Hey JonR - manning the rails sucks. Every time we go in and out of Pearl Harbor, we have to man the rails in homage to the folks who died in the attack on Pearl Harbor and specifically, those who died on the Arizona.

Standing at parade rest for an hour sucks... I don't care who it's for.
bloody spaniard
21 years ago
I don't know about that MACS.
But what I do know is, that I'm glad that guys like you, Hog, Jon, Delta, and other men were out there so that guys like me could post on cbid as our asses expand.

THANK YOU.
havanaone
21 years ago
USAHog,the mall is on the base where the ships dock,My cousin was the in charge of the PX.He's retired but still lives in New Port.We went to Mertle Beach to visit the Edgar Kacy Foundation which is nearby. So I stopped in to see him.You know when you don't see your cousin for 20 yrs.Alot of stuff happens.Well anyway the pic is a good one. Need more of this on this site.
Later Kim
Users browsing this topic