Mo'sMan
  • Mo'sMan
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
johnfs.......number of murders committed by American troops?

00camper.......anything verifiable on that opinion?
CWFoster
21 years ago
We are still in Iraq because we've seen what happens when you just suddenly pull out with a weak government in place, Remember Afghanistan? When the Russians left the place?? The taliban took over and allowed Al Queada to have the run of the place! If we take it slow, and allow the Iraqi Government to build up in strength and allow the people time to have confidence in said government, they have a MUCH better chance of withstanding the savages who would drive them back into the 14th century!
8trackdisco
21 years ago
I was for the war. Not because he was a tyrant, because he had WMD that he could lob at Israel and start WW3.

Our intel was dead wrong. Now I feel pretty dumb.

We went to Afghanistan to create freedom. We went to Iraq and created another Afghanistan. Now we have to finish the job. Frankly, it ticks me off.

And yes, I am the same conservative guy that generally battles against adroomi. I wouldn't bet we'll be on the same side of an issue again any time soon. Look for a couple of lunar eclipses to happen first.
Da Chief
21 years ago
Please if we can find MIG27's buried in the sand I am sure they are somewhere there too. Or in Iran or Syria. Don't feel dumb Disco...LOL! Sarin gas-comes in very small doses which can kill many many people if deployed right. This has been found by troops in briefcases on the side of the road. There is still hope little guy....keep your chin up! LMAO!
8trackdisco
21 years ago
oh, ok. I now feel SLIGHTLY better.

Thanks Pal.
Mo'sMan
  • Mo'sMan
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
Saddam used something to kill those pesky kurds. It'll be interesting to find out if any of this stuff made it to Syria.......thanks to a U.N. notion that more time would help.
PurpleSageRighter
21 years ago
droomi axed a question that I'm not sure has been answered ... yet. But then, I'm not sure it CAN be answered.

Who here sits behind the closed doors on Capital Hill? Which of you sit in the board rooms of the highly influencial international corporations that make America their home? Who can say they are privy to the private conversations over coffee, a smoke, or a whole with the US/UN military leaders? Who knows ANYTHING about what is factually going on in the world AND the reasons behind them?

Thomas Jefferson warned us that those who believe they know a little something about what goes on in the world simply because they read the newspaper (there wasn't radio or tv or internet in his day, ... but then human nature hasn't changed, so I'll add tv, radio, and internet) are fooling only themselves. Which of you know ANYTHING except what you have been told by someone else? We were warned by our Founding Fathers to stay out of the politics and pettiness of the other nations of the Earth. Sage advice which goes unheeded today.

I too commiserate over the atrocities that man commits upon his fellow-man, but we have our own house to clean while it IS NOT our business to clean our neighbors house. Their house is their own sovereign territory AND we DON'T belong there.

Are there not acts of terrorism committed EVERY day by one American against another American somewhere from sea to shining sea? If you must believe CNN, believe that people everyday are raped, pillaged, tortured, and murdered rat here in our own homes.

What say we contemplate the leadership and military might of China invading our shores to take our present seated President and the 535 present seated Congressmen and Senators and put them on world public trial for the "beliefs" and perceptions as the non-American world sees America? What then would you say about national sovereignty?

Purp

adroomi
21 years ago
Man Purp, you're starting to sound like me........that's scary.
Cigarick
21 years ago
We're going to be there until the Iraqi government says, "Hey, guys, thanks a lot--we've got it from here on in."

Kinda like Dub's been saying all along.
R6Rider
21 years ago
Author: Mo'sMan Date: 04/07/2005 05:27 PM Reply
johnfs.......number of murders committed by American troops?


Number's your likely to officially hear about... 0. Number's of actual murders, its war, no-one will ever know.
Mo'sMan
  • Mo'sMan
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
So we'll chalk that up to pure conjecture.
johnfs
21 years ago
Is Mo saying that US troops are not killing people? I never said the US troops murder, which is something Mo fabricated.
cgarman
21 years ago
Ya know, I had some witty remarks to post. I spent quite some time writting them down. I then decided not to post them. I am not going to change anyone's mind with them. There are those here who believe that we are wrong. There are those here who believe we are doing the right thing. Only time will tell who are the losers and who are the winners in this event.
Users browsing this topic