rayder1
21 years ago
One of my friends is a TSA supervisor. He was in the Navy for 4 years and as a mechanic for another 20. Those are his qualifications as a TSA supervisor.

When his wife says that he's in Law Enforcement like I am...I have to laugh (inside).

He hates the line people at TSA. He said most of them are just small time idiots with a clean background. Very few have much more than a G.E.D. and they life's goal is to be a TSA supervisor.

(I didn't point out that he's the head idiot). But he'll defend to death taking stuff they construe as contraband.

The key is to get on the web site. Print a copy of allowable items and get nasty with those idiots. They have to back down if the item they are trying to sieze is not on the list. My wife got her knitting needles on a flight when she showed the TSA dork that they aren't on the list any more.
SteveS
21 years ago
======================================
Author: rayder1 Date: 04/18/2005 12:42 PM
Print a copy of allowable items and get nasty
with those idiots.
======================================

That's pretty much what I did at the Philly airport on the way home from CFest ... I flamed the joker who was trying to take a Colibri soft-flame lighter from my wife ... supervisor heard the ruckus I was making and came over to smooth the situation ... bottom line was, we kept the lighter, but my freakin' blood pressure went through the roof and while I was agitated, ended up packing my cell phone into my duffel bag without realizing it, then spent 45 minutes on a pointless search for the furshlugginer thing before MrsS eventually found it because we were using her phone to call it (a total of 39 times) and on what turned out to be the final call, it was vibrating against her foot ...
rayder1
21 years ago
True Steve...you can get riled up. The time's I've had to go to bat for my stuff. I just looked at the attendant...told the attendant the item was allowable. And said "If you have a problem with that...get your supervisor to clear it up for you...or we will just stand here holding up the line. "
ixlr8
21 years ago
The last time I was leaving Vegas I got pulled out of line by the metal detector, I had a wet nap foil pak in my pocket that got me busted.(strip search delay) When my wife and got home we cleaned out the carry on bag and found two pairs of scissors and a 6 inch metal nail file that went right through....
Go Figure...SOSDD
ixlr8
TrishS@CigarBid
21 years ago
Hey Smitty, at least the TSA found your class ring! That's gotta make ya feel good!
Schmitty22
21 years ago
yea but the dr is still asking about his watch 🙂
Users browsing this topic