teedubbya
11 years ago
Anyone else uncomfortable with the Government advertising and promoting it's services. I am. I remember Leslie Nelson being hired to push Medicare. The Bushies amped that up for part D and this admin even more. It's nothing new. I remember requesting informaiton from pueblo colorado based on a 1970s campaign.

I just don't like it. It's a personal opinion but it rubs me wrong. Outreach is a huge component of the Government now days.
teedubbya
11 years ago

why do you hate illegals..?? 😕

DrafterX wrote:




They kidnapped my grandma and forced her to do the macarana on video. She was never the same after that. Damn that Charro.
DrafterX
11 years ago
Those Bassards..!! 😠
teedubbya
11 years ago

Those Bassards..!! 😠

DrafterX wrote:




To get her freed my Grandpa had to film himself doing a montage of who let the dogs out and don't worry be happy in his zubaz, shirtless and suspenders. He didn't deserve that but he loved her.
DrafterX
11 years ago
poor bassard... 😞
hinzna
11 years ago
Agreed, but not as uncomfortable with that as I am pharmaceutical companies advertising medication to patients through mainstream media. It creates a culture of self diagnosis and a dependence on prescriptions for every need. Outreach should be to medical professionals to provide effective patient care. I understand the idea of putting care in our control, but imo commercial after commercial for this and that makes for a certain level of paranoid thoughts of "what might be wrong with me?"

Now, that digression was to the point that the more that we feel dependent on institutional offerings (government, pharmaceuticals, etc.) The less likely we are to seek alternative solutions. They are almost presented as easy fixes to our problems which enable us to be lazy towards how we treat our money, our bodies, etc.
teedubbya
11 years ago
I do wish folks would put pressure on the networks to kill the ED commercials. I'm not for the government restricting it but wish the market would. It's just not appropriate while watching a baseball game with your kids.
hinzna
11 years ago
"What's an erection daddy?" 🤦
DrafterX
11 years ago
I agree.... but if not for those commercials I wouldn't have known a 4 hour erection was unusual.... 😟
hinzna
11 years ago
Wait, four hour erections aren't normal?
teedubbya
11 years ago
This way drafter could tell his boyfriend to go get help.
teedubbya
11 years ago
And drafter could start getting more sleep. But that's no excuse to expose the children to such things.
DrafterX
11 years ago
sick bassard.... 🤐
teedubbya
11 years ago
cacman
11 years ago

Sometimes we are forced to do things we disagree with to remain gainfully employed.

teedubbya wrote:


Does that make one a hypocrite, or a whore?
Or as long as it's for money, it's justifiable.

Personally, I don't do anything I disagree with just for a buck.
DrafterX
11 years ago

Does that make one a hypocrite, or a whore?
Or as long as it's for money, it's justifiable.

Personally, I don't do anything I disagree with just for a buck.

cacman wrote:




I don't think he was talking about blowing somebody or anything.... but I could be wrong... 😟
victor809
11 years ago

Dude... Again you didn't fully read my posts. You've obviously missed the cynicism of the the Headline written by the editor of author of the article. I didn't write the article, only offered the reference.

Race has nothing to do with requiring a Voter ID. You're obviously a WASP and like to evoke comments for the pure purpose of initiating responses that you can further exaggerate to support your radical beliefs. But that's not held against you- at least entirely - yet.

cacman wrote:



Dude... (because we're calling each other dude now).
Read my first post. All I stated is that you lose credibility by quoting a source which refers to a judge as a "La Raza Judge" based only on her hispanic heritage.

I'm not disagreeing with the story. It's pretty simple. A judge made a ruling, a court of appeals reversed it. Not much grey area there. My point is that you could have gotten that news from some source that didn't choose to refer to random people with hispanic heritage as "La Raza".

You didn't even bat an eye. You don't seem to think it's an issue. So I figure you aren't going to care about being KKK cacman or whatever.

And for the record, WASP stands for white anglo saxon protestant. I am not a WASP
gryphonms
11 years ago
Even if you were a WASP the statement makes no sense to me unless there is a specific WASP stereotype that I am unaware of.
victor809
11 years ago

Even if you were a WASP the statement makes no sense to me unless there is a specific WASP stereotype that I am unaware of.

gryphonms wrote:



According to Family Guy I think you have to have an underbite.
teedubbya
11 years ago

Does that make one a hypocrite, or a whore?
Or as long as it's for money, it's justifiable.

Personally, I don't do anything I disagree with just for a buck.

cacman wrote:




Good for you! Go gettum Tiger!

We should all quit our jobs every time we are asked to do something we disagree with and should not establish a reasonable line we won't cross. Instead it should be absolute all my way or nothing at all. That just makes sense. LOL
Users browsing this topic