DrafterX
11 years ago
I'm funny how..?? I mean funny, like I'm a clown..?? I amuse you..?? 😕
Homebrew
11 years ago
I gave up, years ago, worrying about people who sin differently than me.

Dave (A.K.A. Homebrew)🍺
banderl
11 years ago

And there is NOTHING in OUR Constitution about two men or two women = Marriage

TMCTLT wrote:




I really could not give a rats ass about **** but does the constitution say anything about marriage?
victor809
11 years ago

Dude your living in the " strange World" even when the voters of your adopted state said NO.....your elected officials stepped in and silenced them. Yeah.....that's the answer, screw those pesky voters anyway. It was / is wrong for the courts to MAKE LAW regardless of what those of you who agree with this say.

TMCTLT wrote:



You don't understand a lot of government, do you?

I'm assuming you're referring to Prop 8. Which was not "silenced" by "my elected officials"... Prop 8 was overturned by a district judge... these are not elected, they are appointed. This particular judge was appointed by Bush.

Additionally, you seem to miss the entire point of courts, judges etc. Your elected officials are supposed to represent the will of the majority (in fact, that's their entire point, to do what the majority of the people have voted for them to do). But your courts are specifically put in place to ensure that the majority does not trample on the minority. Our country was not founded to simply do whatever the heck the most people want to do, that's a childish view of our representative democracy.
Speyside
11 years ago
Marriage is not mentioned in the constitution, neither is morallity. But the 10th amendment clearly states that the federal government's powers are only those delegated to it by the constitution. Though it would be easy to argue that the Supreme Court has regularly ruled on issues not contained in the constitution.
tonygraz
11 years ago
Well, we don't know what a Gore presidency would have been like, but I doubt it would have been as much a disaster as we had with Bush.
Gene363
11 years ago

are you saying the Morally Superior Right has purged themselves of atheists? No wonder they own morality...

frankj1 wrote:



There are plenty of conservative atheists, you just don't hear them whining about believers.
frankj1
11 years ago

There are plenty of conservative atheists, you just don't hear them whining about believers.

Gene363 wrote:


so then there is also a Godless Right?

Interesting.

Gene363
11 years ago

so then there is also a Godless Right?

Interesting.

frankj1 wrote:



I guess you've never heard a lefty vilify a conservative or compare them to the devil? Of course, they consider that a reasonable description. 🤦
frankj1
11 years ago

I guess you've never heard a lefty vilify a conservative or compare them to the devil? Of course, they consider that a reasonable description. 🤦

Gene363 wrote:


sure I have. But never heard anyone here refer to the Godless Right segment before. Very refreshing.

Wouldn't that kind of level the playing field and make neither Morally Superior? Could that possibly lead to productive debate, end gridlock...you know, when sides respect each other as equals?
GTAJ
11 years ago
Some people are mad because this is something congress is supposed to do. Our judicial system isn't supposed to create laws, only enforce them. Our whole government structure seems to be changing lately.
GTAJ
11 years ago

Well, we don't know what a Gore presidency would have been like, but I doubt it would have been as much a disaster as we had with Bush.

tonygraz wrote:


Haha and there it is. I was just waiting for someone to start whining about Bush. It's in the past my friend; sure he did a lot of things I don't agree with, but wake up. We are turning into a socialist country. Our president was a member of his colleges' communist party; that's a fact, look it up. No president in the history of our country has bypassed congress the number of times he has. You wanna talk about disastrous presidencies? Do a quick google search of all our presidents' illegal acts he has commited while in office... And worse yet, the public doesn't even seem to care as long as he's giving out free cell phones or whatever else.
Gene363
11 years ago

sure I have. But never heard anyone here refer to the Godless Right segment before. Very refreshing.

Wouldn't that kind of level the playing field and make neither Morally Superior? Could that possibly lead to productive debate, end gridlock...you know, when sides respect each other as equals?

frankj1 wrote:



God I hope not, we have way too many laws already, gridlock is good, although it's just an illusions to perpetuate the tired and true democrat Vs republican smokescreen that keeps voters busy.
jetblasted
11 years ago
Because they they think Col. Sanders killed a slave in a shoot out ??
tonygraz
11 years ago

Haha and there it is. I was just waiting for someone to start whining about Bush. It's in the past my friend; sure he did a lot of things I don't agree with, but wake up. We are turning into a socialist country. Our president was a member of his colleges' communist party; that's a fact, look it up. No president in the history of our country has bypassed congress the number of times he has. You wanna talk about disastrous presidencies? Do a quick google search of all our presidents' illegal acts he has commited while in office... And worse yet, the public doesn't even seem to care as long as he's giving out free cell phones or whatever else.

GTAJ wrote:



You must be a fan of extreme right wing "news". I'm sure you didn't know that he was black.
banderl
11 years ago

Haha and there it is. I was just waiting for someone to start whining about Bush. It's in the past my friend; sure he did a lot of things I don't agree with, but wake up. We are turning into a socialist country. Our president was a member of his colleges' communist party; that's a fact, look it up. No president in the history of our country has bypassed congress the number of times he has. You wanna talk about disastrous presidencies? Do a quick google search of all our presidents' illegal acts he has commited while in office... And worse yet, the public doesn't even seem to care as long as he's giving out free cell phones or whatever else.

GTAJ wrote:




Klinger?
banderl
11 years ago
Sorry about that, it appears that you are right about Obama being a commie in college.
It appears that he still is:
http://www.commieblaster.com/obama/ 
teedubbya
11 years ago
If folks are no longer able to equate things back to Gore V. Bush because it's in the past and they need to get over it did the clock start ticking on the get over it meter for the recent rulings?
tonygraz
11 years ago
Until we find another dimension everything is in the past, present or future. For those who want to go back like many republicans- you can't until they invent a time machine.
teedubbya
11 years ago

Until we find another dimension everything is in the past, present or future. For those who want to go back like many republicans- you can't until they invent a time machine.

tonygraz wrote:




I hope it comes with a hot tub.
Users browsing this topic