Again, I totally disagree.
Explain how he would be considered a RINO today?
He HAD to work with Tip for Brains because the congress was massively Dem. Nothing is going to get passed as far as his tax cut plans if he doesn't try and work with that boob. My memory is long (that's what she said!) and I don't give him a pass on immigration, in fact it was one of the things about his presidency he regretted. He was lied to by congress. The deal was, I give you amnesty, you enforce immigration laws and secure and fence the border. The immigration part was passed, and then the "other part" was not followed through upon.
Reagan would be like Ted Cruz today. He wouldn't get elected to be Governor in CA. today, that is for certain, because CA is wayyyy too left.
But the Dems in the congress when Reagan was there were VASTLY different then Dems today. Every time that the left says that republicans aren't compromising, they mean that republicans aren't moving left. The dems Never move toward the right . So why would I as a constitutional conservative want the republicans to work with radical statists that will do any end around the Constitution they can find to justify getting their means accomplished? Hell, as much as I didn't like Bill Clinton, at least he listened to ****** Morris and moved right and passed bills with Gingrich so he could be re elected.
That is NOT going to happen with todays extreme left wing democrats and their party is overwhelmed by them. Zel Miller was the last Democrat that was actually a logical thinking democrat, not a "party first, party always" hack like they are now.
You are saying that rocked ribbed conservatives are cherry picking Reagan plusses and are just a little too thick to realize that he would not pass the smell test today.
And I say that is completely incorrect.
teddyballgame wrote: