emmajaye
21 years ago
Sly and the Family Stone
jespear
  • jespear
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN...
WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

DWALT10048(Dan)correctly identified the band as
SONIA dada.
(Check them out at www.soniadada.com)

DWALT10048: contact me at [email protected]
and give me your mailing address so I can
get your cigars to you.

Thanks to all who replied. My wife and I got quite a few chuckles out of this thread.

John

strider32
21 years ago
I taught the kid everything he knows. You should see him on a karaoke stage.
Congratulations Danny!!!!!!!! Gonna have to top that pic of you now!!!
dwalt10048
21 years ago
Ha ha, I can't take much credit for this. I saw my brother (who knows everything about music) last night and showed him this pic. He told me who it was, I didn't believe it, then he went and got the cd that he had and showed me the pics in the liner notes...LOL.

Thanks for the contest John!

Dan
jackconrad
21 years ago
Like anyone else ever heard of them ?
thurson
21 years ago
Sonia dada? I've heard of Red Sonia! WTG Dan.
Charlie
21 years ago
Never heard of them, nor have I heard of a lot of the bands today! Not into hip hop and rap and the so called alternative!

Charlie
Seth Gekko
21 years ago
. . . . congrats Dan!! That was gonna be my next guess . . . really . . . . NOT . . .
JonR
21 years ago
The Bandana's.

Yeah yeah I know the contest is over but I had this guess leftover and I just hated to waste it.


JonR
jespear
  • jespear
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
THAT'S the problem...not many people HAVE heard of them, and that's a shame. They are a GREAT band. I figured this little contest might just turn a few new people on to them. They're a motley looking bunch, that's for sure, but their music is phenominal.
Check'em out at www.soniadada.com

John

bloody spaniard
21 years ago
Who, the Bandanas? I remember them when they were the Hankies.
Yeah, I can't wait to check them out!
Thanks.
JonR
21 years ago
Yo Blood:

Yeah I remember when they were called the "Hankies", they had two hit records, " Boogie Boogi" and "Let the Mucus Flow". After their hits they got a real snotty attitude and no one would book them and the band broke up. They tried to start over with a new name "The Bandanas" and they wore them on their faces when they performed but no one could understand what they were singing and they flopped and the band broke up once again.


JonR
adroomi
21 years ago
Wasn't the previous lead singer kind of a flamboyant type. I heard he split the band and started his own called the Doilie and the neckerchiefs.
jackconrad
21 years ago
Were they The Bandana Splits Featuring Fleagle. Big hit was Tra la la Tra la la la one bandana two bandana three bandana four?
bloody spaniard
21 years ago
The Hankies, Bandanas, and/or Neckerchiefs were talented bands doomed from the beginning.
People automatically thought they blew.

That's a crying shame.
dwalt10048
21 years ago
John, package arrived.

Thanks for the tasty smokes and for the contest!


Dan
Users browsing this topic