victor809
10 years ago
Tail, my point was it isn't just cost, it's time. As a childless professional I should have plenty of time to do this. If I'm having trouble finding the time to do something like this, then I'm sure there are people in much worse circumstances than me who simply will deprioritize it... So voter ID laws would probably keep them from voting.

I don't care about those people. They are poor, probably have children who are sticky, and probably smell. But I do question why people are so eager to make things more difficult for them to vote when I don't see the lack of regulation actually impacting anything.
DrafterX
10 years ago
Presidential elections are every 4 years... If a person can't make it happen in 4 years then sorry... 🤐
tailgater
10 years ago

Tail, my point was it isn't just cost, it's time. As a childless professional I should have plenty of time to do this. If I'm having trouble finding the time to do something like this, then I'm sure there are people in much worse circumstances than me who simply will deprioritize it... So voter ID laws would probably keep them from voting.

I don't care about those people. They are poor, probably have children who are sticky, and probably smell. But I do question why people are so eager to make things more difficult for them to vote when I don't see the lack of regulation actually impacting anything.

victor809 wrote:



I understand and share in your apathy towards this subject. You won't see me calling my congressman nor chaining myself to a voting booth. But a simple policy requiring an ID is no more restrictive than making the voter go to the poll. Perhaps even less so.
In my town, you're checked off from an address list. What if someone didn't have an address?
There will always be the "woe is me" sob story about the ID-less mother of 12.
Let's face it: the only time those people vote is when somebody else is doing it for them.
Speyside
10 years ago
I think this subject is news worthy only because the right and the left report on it. I have never heard of a state being won due to voting fraud.
jjanecka
10 years ago
I still believe that if you're not a tax payer then you ought not have a say federally.
DrafterX
10 years ago
let's restrict it to land owners if we're gonna change it up... just sayin... 😟
dstieger
10 years ago

I still believe that if you're not a tax payer then you ought not have a say federally.

jjanecka wrote:


My adult son at college won't pay taxes this year....but I firmly believe that he can and should vote..federally and locally
jjanecka
10 years ago
Well yeah I agree, he should vote if he's got the right. I'm just opposed not non-taxpayers having the right to vote. Really any group that is being subsidized by the government should not be allowed to vote.

The same goes for medicinal marijuana smokers.
DrafterX
10 years ago
what about the regular illegal ones..?? 😕
jjanecka
10 years ago
Can only stop the ones we know about...
dstieger
10 years ago

Well yeah I agree, he should vote if he's got the right. I'm just opposed not non-taxpayers having the right to vote. Really any group that is being subsidized by the government should not be allowed to vote.

The same goes for medicinal marijuana smokers.

jjanecka wrote:




More of my family there...not the MJ part...the leech part....my sister lives in subsidized housing - disabled enough that she can't get or keep a job...not for not trying, though; she gets food stamps and is fighting to get disability related social security support --- she's a bit mental...and something of a drain on society...but I do think she should be able to vote...not that she'd bother paying for a ride to the DMV for the luxury of paying $28 she doesn't have for a photo ID to vote in an election that she doesn't care about...but I'll support her right to do so if she wants to
banderl
10 years ago

Let's see if you're able to shake the hook from the corner of your mouth. The second amandmemt guarantees the right to bear a firearm. Good luck trying to "legally" buy one without an ID.

Thanks for making my point for me.

Abrignac wrote:




So you are saying that the second amendment is mundane?
Do you know what mundane means?
opelmanta1900
10 years ago

Well yeah I agree, he should vote if he's got the right. I'm just opposed not non-taxpayers having the right to vote. Really any group that is being subsidized by the government should not be allowed to vote.

The same goes for medicinal marijuana smokers.

jjanecka wrote:


How about we just make it illegal for everyone who doesn't think and act exactly like you to vote...


DrafterX
10 years ago
tailgater
10 years ago

I think this subject is news worthy only because the right and the left report on it. I have never heard of a state being won due to voting fraud.

Speyside wrote:



Richard M. Nixon would disagree.
Google Daley 1960.
Covfireman
10 years ago

How much would it have cost you if you DIDN'T move?

tailgater wrote:




$72 in Virginia i mine hadn't expired add 20 for a birth certificate, they won't accept alternate photo ID , I had a valid twic card , I was out of the country when it expired.



Thought so.

tailgater wrote:



I lol at you thinking , I know it's hard for you . Lol [sarcasm]

I'm for less government the same thing most of the GOP say they want until it's some bullpoop were they want to screw the less fortunate.

My great uncle quit driving due to his age he didn't need I'd for anything else his SS checks , pension and dividend checks were automatically deposited to his accounts , he wote checks for bills or had them on autopay groceries were cash no I'd needed. Voter ID passed he had to get a new ID to vote . He had significant trouble proving he was born lol . I think they finally took his discharge papers . His cost was only 52 virginia real ID and 20 Virginia department of vital records ( for a letter stating he had no certified birth certificate on record) . It took him and my stepfather hours of time to collect the records required of him . He was lucky we lived in an area that has a DMV .






Buckwheat
10 years ago

I don't get why it's such a big deal to present an ID... If you're not smart enough to find a way to get one then maybe you shouldn't be voting... 😟

DrafterX wrote:





[sarcasm]
Speyside
10 years ago
Interesting, before my time. I stand corrected.
jjanecka
10 years ago

How about we just make it illegal for everyone who doesn't think and act exactly like you to vote...

opelmanta1900 wrote:



That's the spirit! Now you understand what it is to be either a democrat or republican.

What if I told you that only citizens shoulf have the right to own land?
opelmanta1900
10 years ago
I would say only rights should have the land to own citizens...
Users browsing this topic