DrafterX
9 years ago
so, lets leave the loophole open just in case..?? 😕


I mean if somebody wants to commit some meaningless illegal voter fraud we may as well make it easy for them right..?? 🤔
opelmanta1900
9 years ago

Voter fraud will not change the final results of the election.

Speyside wrote:


Kind of an "ends justifies the means" argument then... noted...

On another note, rape laws will not effect whether or not you or anyone you know will be raped, so we're repealing them...
DrafterX
9 years ago
Mama told me not to come..
Mama told me not to come..
She said, "That ain't the way to have fun, son"..
"That ain't the way to have fun, no"... 🤐
jjanecka
9 years ago
Grandma was a straight ticket republican voter up until she died. Since then she's voted Democrat...
DrafterX
9 years ago
pretty common for the dead these days... 😟
jjanecka
9 years ago
Just such a shame she'd flip flop like that. I wonder the reason... 🤔
tailgater
9 years ago

red herring, it's Trump's way of being even more divisive, which is his ploy to get his voters to get off the sofa.
You win this thing by getting people to vote, not by having most people want you.

Personally, I'd show my ID, not really an issue to me, whatever the states decide (over 30 already require some type I believe). But the issue is a non issue.

frankj1 wrote:




No.
A non-issue is one you wouldn't argue against.
Instead of a shrug and a "whatever", we're now to believe it's a Red Herring, designed to be divisive.

I'm not sure I've ever seen a "divisive non-issue" before.
🇨🇮







DrafterX
9 years ago
non-issue = doing nothing about it fits my agenda

😟
jjanecka
9 years ago
Remember kids... If politics teaches us anything, 51% is all you need to be a winner.
Speyside
9 years ago
Opel, that's a ludicrous statement and you know it.
opelmanta1900
9 years ago

That's my argument to illegal is illegal. Voter fraud will change the election just as much as eating ice cream in Oregon on Sundays will.

Speyside wrote:


Correct... ^this is a ludicrous statement and i do know it... i think you do too...
Speyside
9 years ago
No, I think it is accurate, so on this issue we have different opinions. Though the funny thing is I am totally with the idea that everyone should have a picture id to vote. I just don't think voter fraud will change the outcome of an election in this day and age.
opelmanta1900
9 years ago
I'm right there with you... ends justifies the means... hence the changed rape laws... they don't actually effect whether or not someone will be raped... it's just excessive government spending...
Speyside
9 years ago
So you think 30 or 300 votes will change the outcome of the election? Because my point is it will not, so worrying about it makes as much sense as worrying about eating ice cream in Oregon on Sundays changing the outcome of the election.
jjanecka
9 years ago
It very well could in a battleground state.
ZRX1200
9 years ago
What happened under Daly's watch in Chicago against Nixon.
opelmanta1900
9 years ago

So you think 30 or 300 laws will change the outcome of whether or not you're raped? Because my point is it will not, so worrying about it makes as much sense as worrying about eating ice cream in Oregon on Sundays changing the outcome of whether or not you're raped.
opelmanta1900
9 years ago
Spey - before you decide to Helen keller me, my point is this:

If we repealed rape laws, you would be appalled... rape laws don't actually influence the end result of whether someone is raped or not, but that's not the point...

The 10 commandments never prevented a murder either...

The law stands as a symbol for what is right, regardless of whether we follow it or not...

What's wrong is wrong and i believe the law should reflect that...
Speyside
9 years ago
Simple answer, yes or no. At least Z is providing some context. Z I said in this day and age. I don't think Chicago could happen today. But I understand the argument that it could. I'm just not willing to worry about the possibility.
teedubbya
9 years ago
I hope none of the laws change so folks will continue to focus on this rather than real issues.
Users browsing this topic