I been shouting that for a LONG time....get government out of the marriage business. I would assume that some well-meaning politicians felt that by offering tax breaks to married couples, the nation would be better off....strengthening/encouraging nuclear families and all that...once in, they had to define, regulate, license, etc. It never stops. Roll it back, get government out of marriage discussions....even remove the jointness of tax filings....like that will ever happen...we can dream, I suppose
dstieger wrote:
Things sure go over you head
teedubbya wrote:
cheap gas...
opelmanta1900 wrote:
...before PC, some citizens couldn't own property in many places, were not allowed in some public establishments, couldn't get jobs in many municipal, state and federal government departments, were openly mistreated because of some physical condition over which they had no control...not funny...serious question: why do some people miss those days?
delta1 wrote:
I kinda see your point.. a business should have the right to choose it's customers...sorta like "no shoes, no shirt, two dix, no service"I'm not persuaded either way, except we all agree that the US is a country defined by the rule of law. Since this issue is being litigated, I'm willing to abide by whatever decision is made at the highest judicial level. If there are enough Americans who disagree, then they can persuade Congress to pass a law, and have the President sign it...
I kinda see your point.. a business should have the right to choose it's customers......
I kinda see your point.. a business should have the right to choose it's customers...sorta like "no shoes, no shirt, no kikes, no chinks, no niggars, no Frogs, no wops, no pollocks, no Harps, no krauts, two dix.......no America"
... I'm pretty sure there's a greater justification for protecting a gender or sexuality over a religion. You can choose to be one religion or another. If you don't like being persecuted for your religious beliefs, choose another religion. There is strong evidence that trans, gay, queer people do not have a choice in their gender/sexuality.
victor809 wrote:
Choice.. nobody was born queer.. a product of their environment maybe.. but still a choice.. 😟
DrafterX wrote:
The CigarBid Forums uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More Details Close