Pancho
21 years ago
What would you guys think about this possibility:

Declare this thread dead and create a randomly generated list that sends an even number of sticks to the 5 people who put the pass back together and the 6 people in line to receive the pass (including sloth). it's only a few sticks each, but it's at least fair. We could all send a few bucks for postage to whoever gets stuck with sending them out.

Then, someone can take charge of starting a new KISS pass under a new thread with one additional rule: each person should simply post what they received and what they sent. That should keep everyone honest without the whole thing going crazy like this one has done. We can all sign up again under the new thread.

A KISS pass really needs to be held to 10-12 sticks so that they are all rotated out regularly.

Just one possibility.

If you guys downstream want to keep it going the way it is, just say so.
Pinto
21 years ago
Since we just got it restarted, I'd hate to see it broken up already. The nice variety of the cigars in this group pass will give whoever participates the option to play at the level they are comfortable.

Perhaps we should change the rules a little?

1. still no host bag
2. still no need to top, but equal value trades are required and will be monitored through puts and takes.
3. Box should rest on weekends if possible to help stabilize the humidity.
4. I hate to do this but it might be a good idea to ensure future pass's are to established traders only. The guys currently on the list are all top notch so we are good to go.

What do you guys think? Feedback? Also, can we get DPreece back on the end of the list? He asked previously.




Pancho
21 years ago
Dpreece definitely needs to be back on the list. That guy hit me so hard I'm still shaking every time I open my mailbox.
Pinto
21 years ago
looks like we'll keep it going. But as Pancho pointed out, perhaps we should start a new thread and rename it since it is no longer KISS.

Current list...

on the way to Sloth

1. wennerman
2. eodusmc
3. zapgr
4. teedubbya
5. mr.harten
6. Pinto
7. DPreece
Da Chief
21 years ago
lEt me know what you fellas want to do...I have some DOG ROCKETS I want to unload....ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!

Da Chief
wennerman
21 years ago
I tend to agree with pancho..it seems to have gotten out of control..perhaps it should be slimmed down to the orig 10-12 sticks..with the excess sent to the bros
who restocked the box...wens 0.2
Tom
eodusmc
21 years ago
ohhh, it would have been so nice to see that overly stocked assortment of ceeeegars. but i am going to have to side with wennerman, against my better judgement, i guess. 20 or so smokes is kinda outa hand, but boy would it be nice to see. he hee. definately should go back to the stockers. just leave me a good'n.

chris
Pancho
21 years ago
Please don't get me wrong -- I'm not saying the smokes should go back to the stockers. I'm saying they should go evenly to every one who is active on the thread right now--by my count about 11 people. Then we can start a new KISS thread within the guidelines (plus the requirement to post what you get and what you send out).

BUT, If you guys down the line want to receive the box as it is now, just go ahead and do that. I'm not even on the list right now. And after the way dpreece, wennerman, and mr. harten have blasted me, I don't need the sticks.

We just seem to have swung from one extreme to the other on this pass. The main thing that concerns me about the way the pass is set up right now is that you have 36+ quality smokes traveling around the country in a box with no final destination and people are now nervous about taking smokes and not replacing them with better smokes. That's not the way a KISS pass is supposed to work, and it's not good for the sticks to be in perpetual transit.

Having said all of that, if you guys are happy with it being a huge box of top quality sticks, then just go for it and ignore me. I'll jump back on the end of the line and participate if that's how everyone wants to handle it.

Sorry if I am obsessing over this thing. I just want it to work.
wennerman
21 years ago
have to say Pancho's ideas are good..slim down the box.
set new ground rules...and just have FUN...all you folks on the list what do you think????
Pinto
21 years ago
I still don't see a major issue with the pass, and seeing how the "top shelf" that seems to have everyone so worked up came from me, I'd really like to see the pass continue.

I totally agree that is it is no longer KISS pass and should not be trearted as so, but to break-up a new box that a couple of us BOTL took the effort to restock seems a little harsh. No one person has anything to lose, and all those down the line have the potential to enjoy a nice pass.

My opinon is jump on the end of the line and enjoy the nice ride.

I'll defer to the majority opinion on this, but I wanted to get me last $.02


PINTO
Pancho
21 years ago
Pinto, I'm not going to get into a big thing here, but the top shelf sticks didn't all come from you. Your contribution, while appreciated, is only one of several.

You guys do what you want with pass. I'm done here.
sloth
21 years ago
gosh I umm... hmmm... well I'll think of something...

pinto do you need my addy or are you good?
Pinto
21 years ago
Sloth you are set. Box is in the mail..

How about this? Finish the pass as listed. Put Da Chief and Pancho as the last 2 and when it gets back to them they divide the remainder amongst us all however they deem fair.
Pancho
21 years ago
Pinto -- you guys do it the way you want to do it and I'll just start a new KISS pass.
eodusmc
21 years ago
simple fix. just rename it to BAB pass. "Big A$$ Box Pass" lol
Pinto
21 years ago
Users browsing this topic