frankj1
6 years ago
teedubbya
6 years ago
Unless it means yes.
tailgater
6 years ago

You're quibbling over my use of "the population" when referring to a statistic which can only be represented by people in the age range of 22(ish) and up. While I was not being specific, the term "the population" in statistics, generally refers to the relevant population anyway. The USDA isn't going to hire 4 year olds, so they don't care about their educational levels.

More importantly, you're trying to pull at anything to distract from the point that you were wrong. DC is very educated, and KC is by comparison not.

victor809 wrote:



100% of the population thinks victor809 is an azz.


tailgater
6 years ago
So using your logic, it MUST be 30% of people who have a bachelors or better.

Because, again using your logic, you can't count adults who don't have a bachelors since they're not relevant.

And besides, the numbers support my initial claim.

https://www.towncharts.com/District-of-Columbia/Education/Washington-city-DC-Education-data.html 

May I refer you to figure 6.





tailgater
6 years ago

Someone was upset that I was calling the midwest less educated ....

....they left the argument once the statistics popped up.... and tail came in to try to argue against numbers. (and you said you thought he was smarter than that)

victor809 wrote:



You spelled "prove victor wrong" incorrectly.



victor809
6 years ago

So using your logic, it MUST be 30% of people who have a bachelors or better.

Because, again using your logic, you can't count adults who don't have a bachelors since they're not relevant.

And besides, the numbers support my initial claim.

https://www.towncharts.com/District-of-Columbia/Education/Washington-city-DC-Education-data.html 

May I refer you to figure 6.

tailgater wrote:



Ok... good catch. now what's your point?

If you look back at my original statement, I compared KC and DC. My misreading of that chart doesn't change the comparisons in any meaningful way....

Here are the NON - CUMULATIVE numbers
KC - Bachelors - 11%
Masters - 4%
Professional - 0.8%
Doctoral - 0.6%

DC - Bachelors - 55%
Masters - 20% (not 33% like I previously stated)
Professional - 8%
Doctorate - 4% (not 7% like I previously stated)

Honestly it doesn't change my statement in any way shape or form. They're moving an agency with a large number of jobs requiring an advanced degree from DC, where 32% of the population (over 25) has an advanced degree, to KC where 5% of the population has an advanced degree.

victor809
6 years ago

You spelled "prove victor wrong" incorrectly.

tailgater wrote:



Your arguing against the numbers, while correct, had absolutely no impact on the actual discussion.

(and you conveniently neglect to remember that you came in completely wrong, assuming the numbers were of the total population)
Mr. Jones
6 years ago
I knew 3 gunsmiths at the C.I.A. in LANGLEY, VA....

ONE had a college degree...
One had a high school degree...
One...the best one...never graduated high school ...but he worked in his father's machine shop since he was
About 8 yrs old...sweeping floors and cleaning the machines...that bastid could machine anything you could put on paper...and then summmmmm...no computers needed...his favorite saying towards the end of his career was..."CAD... WHAT???... BWUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

Screeeewwww college...a trade is better and more satisfying
For many many PEEPLES...
tailgater
6 years ago

Your arguing against the numbers, while correct, had absolutely no impact on the actual discussion.

(and you conveniently neglect to remember that you came in completely wrong, assuming the numbers were of the total population)

victor809 wrote:



My what?



And no. I wasn't wrong by any definition of the term.

If you truly thought that your "population" was defined by age, then you'd have referenced that when I first interjected with my polite correction.

And it was polite.

You just hate being wrrrrr, wrrrrggg, wrgggrrr... incorrect.


victor809
6 years ago

My what?

tailgater wrote:


"your arguing against the numbers" (not the cleanest sentence, but I'm not trying to say "you are", but rather your (possessive) desire to argue against the numbers... I would have rewritten if I had reread it but... meh... The idea that you think you caught me in a 'you're' 'your' error is funny.


And no. I wasn't wrong by any definition of the term.

someone who still hasn't added anything to the actual discussion above wrote:


You were wrong be the actual definition of wrong.


If you truly thought that your "population" was defined by age, then you'd have referenced that when I first interjected with my polite correction.

a wrong person wrote:


You now taking the stance that I have to know I'm correct for you to be wrong? I didn't think of taking out the "under 25" population until you complained about it. It took two seconds to realize they already had, and 1 more second to recognize the statistical implications if they had left it in. That doesn't make you less wrong in any way. Hell, I could have argued they needed to take out the "under 25" population because they are purple, and purple people count for 6 waffles.... and that would not have made you less incorrect.



And it was polite.

You just hate being wrrrrr, wrrrrggg, wrgggrrr... incorrect.

a politely wrong person wrote:


I admitted where I was wrong, and I corrected my data.

Contrast that to what you are doing where you were pointed out as being incorrect.
tailgater
6 years ago
So when we see stats like "percentage of people retired" in a certain area or state, I guess we should "assume" it means only those people over the age 65?

And we can forget about the whole "percentage female" at schools.

How about percentage of "population" that are multi millionaires?
I guess we should only count those who are millionaires or better. Because you can't include anyone worth less than a million, right?

Silly, of course.

Point being, I did politely correct with an obvious reference to "population" being too loosely defined.
But now that I've shown your stats to be wrong even when eliminating "kids", I'm surprised you're still trying to appear as if you were correct.
OK. Not surprised.




And for the record, when I wrote "your what?", I did initially think you screwed up the grammar portion. I realized that wasn't the case prior to hitting send, but felt it was worth leaving because your structure was so abysmal. (I did get a chuckle hearing how you went through the same thought process above.)

victor809
6 years ago

So when we see stats like "percentage of people retired" in a certain area or state, I guess we should "assume" it means only those people over the age 65?

tailgater wrote:

why would you assume that? do you think one needs to be 65 to retire?


And we can forget about the whole "percentage female" at schools.

someone flailing around grasping at straws wrote:

... I'm just gonna give this a "huh"?


How about percentage of "population" that are multi millionaires?
I guess we should only count those who are millionaires or better. Because you can't include anyone worth less than a million, right?

a desperate person trying to make excuses for 1 stupid mistake wrote:

why? can you find a way that it would skew comparisons at all?
Remember... the reason one wouldn't count infants in comparisons of schooling is a high fecundity would then negatively skew a population's rank, in a manner which misrepresents the information the statistic is trying to convey.

Your examples above are in no way related to the reasons one would put age minimums on education statistics... they are, in fact:

Silly, of course.

finally you get something right wrote:




Point being, I did politely correct with an obvious reference to "population" being too loosely defined.
But now that I've shown your stats to be wrong even when eliminating "kids", I'm surprised you're still trying to appear as if you were correct.
OK. Not surprised.

and you still go on, with this nonsense that had nothing to do with the discussion wrote:


dumbest part of your statement. I corrected my numbers. They still retained an enormous level of education when compared to KC. My basic statement was correct... KC is very poorly educated when compared to DC. I didn't go into the discussion knowing the specific education %'s, (one doesn't need to, to know DC has more people with advanced degrees)... so I wasn't tied to any specific value. This says more about you than me.


And for the record, when I wrote "your what?", I did initially think you screwed up the grammar portion. I realized that wasn't the case prior to hitting send, but felt it was worth leaving because your structure was so abysmal. (I did get a chuckle hearing how you went through the same thought process above.)

and he keeps going... with more stuff that had absolutely nothing to do with the actual discussion at hand wrote:


yeah, it was terrible sentence structure... I admit it. It sounded conversational on first pass, but when I looked at it again it really didn't work that way.
rfenst
6 years ago
You two need to get a room!
tailgater
6 years ago

You two need to get a room!

rfenst wrote:



Define "two" so victor won't get confused.





tailgater
6 years ago
And for the record, I don't think I ever defended the education level in KC.
Here or anywhere else.
Ever.

And also for the record, wgaf?

intelligence is not directly related to education.

Sure, some people are too stupid to get a formal education.
But education is as much a result of desire, opportunity and access as it is intelligence.

In other words, it's rarely ability that keeps people from getting their masters.

In DC, it's almost a necessity if you want to succeed.
In our mid-America square states, not so much.

Who cares either way?







victor809
6 years ago

And for the record, I don't think I ever defended the education level in KC.
Here or anywhere else.
Ever.

And also for the record, wgaf?

intelligence is not directly related to education.

Sure, some people are too stupid to get a formal education.
But education is as much a result of desire, opportunity and access as it is intelligence.

In other words, it's rarely ability that keeps people from getting their masters.

In DC, it's almost a necessity if you want to succeed.
In our mid-America square states, not so much.

Who cares either way?

tailgater wrote:



The discussion is about hiring people to work in the USDA from KC.
Education is extraordinarily important as a part of that discussion.
Nowhere has "intelligence" come up, as intelligence is not necessarily relevant to the discussion.
DrafterX
6 years ago
TW knows some of them gazintas... 😟
Mr. Jones
6 years ago
I's gots'it me...

Two colllerge DEEEE- greeeee's...

And I dumpster dive fo' a livin' !!!

A SPECIAL SHOUT OUT TO THE :

FBI-SPECIAL SURVEILLANCE GROUP DIVISION...

FOR ALL THEIR HELP IN MY loWlY ENDEAVORS..
TANKS A PANT LOAD... YOU FELON BUMS...


frankj1
6 years ago

I's gots'it me...

Two colllerge DEEEE- greeeee's...

And I dumpster dive fo' a livin' !!!

A SPECIAL SHOUT OUT TO THE :

FBI-SPECIAL SURVEILLANCE GROUP DIVISION...

FOR ALL THEIR HELP IN MY loWlY ENDEAVORS..
TANKS A PANT LOAD... YOU FELON BUMS...


Mr. Jones wrote:


I'm goin' to,
Kansas City,
Kansas City here I come
Users browsing this topic