DrafterX
6 years ago
Speculation at best... it fit's a certain narrative that Barr was influenced but he denied it... so why doubt him..?? Cause it doesn't fit the narrative... 😟
Brewha
6 years ago
Barr is a crooked as a rug.






Laying on the floor
At an angle


An ODD angle...
Abrignac
6 years ago

I was replying to your post:

The prosecution’s sentencing was clearly formed from political bias.

I found it an odd complaint in light of your earlier comment of for whom they work...

It's not a stretch to sense a bias on Trump's part in this particular case in which the defendant was swiftly found guilty of crimes directly related to helping him.

Remove the GOP's and DEM's from what transpired. This is highly improper. I fear it's just a baby step taken by a recently emboldened president.

Again, Be careful what you wish for with this kind of Executive power grab favored by Trump and Barr. One day it could be your worst nightmare.

frankj1 wrote:



Gotcha, but didn’t Pete and Lisa work for the same person? I don’t think you’re saying they are all loyal to Trump are you?
delta1
  • delta1
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
6 years ago

I’m ok with it in this circumstance. The prosecution’s sentencing was clearly formed from political bias.

Abrignac wrote:



they were following federal sentencing guidelines that applied to all common defendants found guilty in the federal criminal justice system: sentencing guidelines the DOJ says have been fair and just....

only difference here is that the defendant is Roger Stone, Trump's long tenured henchman.
frankj1
6 years ago

Gotcha, but didn’t Pete and Lisa work for the same person? I don’t think you’re saying they are all loyal to Trump are you?

Abrignac wrote:



they were dealt with, the investigation Trump asked for cited them and several other things to be addressed yet also said the improper activities were not major players in how it all went down. Not sure why a segment of cons continue to cite this and other settled issues...well, maybe I am sure why.


I have an issue with Trump demanding loyalty to himself over the law.
I have an issue with any POTUS demanding loyalty to himself over the law.
I have an issue with the beneficiary of a crime by other(s) prejudicing public opinion on a case that reflects on himself and meddling in the sentencing.
Abrignac
6 years ago

they were following federal sentencing guidelines that applied to all common defendants found guilty in the federal criminal justice system: sentencing guidelines the DOJ says have been fair and just....

only difference here is that the defendant is Roger Stone, Trump's long tenured henchman.

delta1 wrote:



That’s the top end of the guidelines.
frankj1
6 years ago

That’s the top end of the guidelines.

Abrignac wrote:


he defied gag orders and threatened the judge!
delta1
  • delta1
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
6 years ago
"butt Pete and Lisa" is the new con whine, replacing "butt Hillary"


"oh lovely Lisa, how I love that lovely Lisa...." Trump rolls this out at many of his campaign rallies whenever there is a hint of scandal being sniffed out by his DOJ, the Deep State, to bolster his media plan to discredit, in the eyes of his base, any investigation into his shady activities and cronies...all propaganda...


the same people defending Trump now were outraged and accusing Obama of criminal abuse of power when he sought clarification on an IRS rule that gave tax-exempt status to PACs,..
delta1
  • delta1
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
6 years ago

he defied gag orders and threatened the judge!

frankj1 wrote:



that is now acceptable if you're a Trump associate...

just wait.........watch what his campaign and supporters will pull when we get closer to the election...it's gonna get ugly...
teedubbya
6 years ago
Barr was the boss as was the president when the recommendation was made.

To pretend this isn’t odd is not intellectually honest.


But in the end the judge will do their thing and trump will pardon him.
frankj1
6 years ago

Barr was the boss as was the president when the recommendation was made.

To pretend this isn’t odd is not intellectually honest.


But in the end the judge will do their thing and trump will pardon him.

teedubbya wrote:


true
teedubbya
6 years ago
I just can’t believe the lengths otherwise normal folks will go to support the unsupportable.
Users browsing this topic