victor809
6 years ago
Fair enough. But that means you want to restrict the 2nd amendment.

I thought these were unrestricted rights?

What if I really want a crate of weaponized anthrax?
Brewha
6 years ago

I understand where you are coming from, but here's my point. If you can outlaw an AR-15, due to it's rate of fire, power, or muzzle velocity, then you can outlaw ALL semi-auto rifles and handguns using the same criteria. I've already showed you that the typical .308 Hunting Rifle is 3 times more powerful then an AR, and fires at the exact same rate, so the .308 and virtually all semi-auto hunting rifles will also have to go. Since semi-auto handguns (like your wife's .380) fire at the same rate as an AR, they will have to go too.

Now we are down to revolvers, pump guns, lever actions, bolt actions and single shots. Jerry Miculek can fire 8 rounds on target from a revolver in under 1 second. That's 480 rounds per minute. He can also fire 6 rounds from his revolver, RELOAD, and fire an additional 6 rounds in 2.99 seconds. That's 240 rounds per minute including reload time. So, if the AR is to be banned due to rate of fire, we must also ban revolvers.

Now we are down to pump guns, lever actions, bolt actions and single shots. Opps, I've seen a guy fire 10 rounds from a lever action rifle in 1.73 seconds (347 RPM), and I've seen Jerry put 8 rounds on 8 separate targets out of a pump shotgun in under 2 seconds (240 RPM). Guess they also have to go. Then there's that video of a guy and his loader hitting 24 clay pigeons in under 24 seconds while manually loading a round after each shot. Wow, that was 60 RPM and he had to manually have each round loaded after each shot. I guess single shots are out too.

My point is, if you want to ban "black rifles" because they look scary, or they frighten you, I understand. But if your criteria for banning them is their rate of fire, muzzle energy or muzzle velocity, you can then use the exact same criteria to ban virtually ALL firearms. This is the danger. If a politician or State can ban ARs and such due to rate of fire or power, they can then use the exact same criteria to eventually ban ALL firearms.

David

Mrs. dpnewell wrote:



So no restrictions are reasonable because of what might happen next?

Beer leads to Heroin?




Now that I think of it the have already banned/restricted machine guns - so they are going to come for your BB gun soon...
frankj1
6 years ago
I can't find my old spud gun I got in third grade, So what happens when they come for it?
I never registered it anyway.

I hope I didn't leave that potato with it!
Users browsing this topic