stogieflyz
2 years ago
Now I've smoked a boatload of gordos over time but I've smoked more of the other sizes. I pick a cigar according to the amount of time I have or willing to smoke. I guess the least of a certain size is coronas. The time when I reach for a gordos are the times I'm watching sports and plan to have at least 2 1/2hrs. I am just starting to try Lanceros and the ones I've tried have been enjoyable. The Churchills are what I've smoked the most of over the years. Now I try not to get hung up on any one thing.
corey sellers
2 years ago
6 x 60 and y’all mentioning Frankie are not the same he has that beat any day . He is the man the myth the legend. Do you realize how many movies he has been in .

Three tracks in the snow
Who could stop the river
We need a bridge but don’t have equipment

Just a few maybe this needs to be a topic .
corey sellers
2 years ago
Just sayin…
frankj1
frankj1
2 years ago

It was the Palmas and the Londres.
Great cigars for the coin back in the day, after letting them sit for a longish nap.
Gotta sip those however, as they can overheat quickly.

The Delicias is basically a smallish robusto, but I like them as well.

KingoftheCove wrote:


ah, yes...you are correct, Sire.
jeebling
2 years ago

Now I've smoked a boatload of gordos over time but I've smoked more of the other sizes. I pick a cigar according to the amount of time I have or willing to smoke. I guess the least of a certain size is coronas. The time when I reach for a gordos are the times I'm watching sports and plan to have at least 2 1/2hrs. I am just starting to try Lanceros and the ones I've tried have been enjoyable. The Churchills are what I've smoked the most of over the years. Now I try not to get hung up on any one thing.

stogieflyz wrote:



I like NUB in all the wrappers. Have you tried E.P. Carrillo Inch? It comes in a 60 and a 62 RG. I like it even more than the NUB. Generally, I’m tending towards smaller RG recently. I’ve bought quite a few fivers of Lanceros and Coronas that are still resting but I can’t wait to try them. The 56 RG Robustos and Toros are getting to be tedious for me and they take a long time to smoke. Of course this is all part of learning the hobby. Anyway, I’m interested in your opinion of the Carrillo Inch.

🇨🇮
stogieflyz
2 years ago
Hadn't tried that one. Just recently started exploring EPCs lately. I am always trying new things as that's part of the hobby.
delta1
2 years ago
52-54 RG are the outer limits for cigars I care to smoke...5.5 x 48 is ideal for most occasions...6.5 x 52 if I'm gonna watch a sporting event...


I did go out with a beautiful chubby once, tho...
LeeBot
2 years ago
The Hi Land place has a sale on Leaf by Oscar Maduro gordos. $116 seems pretty good for people who are into that cigar and those sizes. .
JGRAZ
2 years ago
Came across a Jamie Garcia Reserva Toro Gordo today that someone gave me dated back to 2020. Very, very different from the much younger ones I've had. As a newer smoker, rarely do I get my hands on anything older then '22. Guess that time really does pay off.
stogieflyz
2 years ago
Most cigars I smoke are at least 10 years and older. The gordo get better with age, at least the ones I like. I rotate what I smoke. Today I tried an experiment and smoked the same cigar in three different shapes. San Lotano Ovals in robusto , Gordo and torpedo. All 5 years old. What I found was that none of them tasted the same and I'm guessing that they will get further apart as they age.
Users browsing this topic