JustDanD
23 years ago
Stopped in the shop today looking for an aged smoke since I don't have any. Picked up a La Tradicion Cabinet Series maduro that has been there for years. Yellowed cello. Sitting in the "nobody wants me" section at buy 2 get one free. What a fantastic smoke that was. Slowed me down to enjoy it. Followed those up tonight with a Short Story and the last half of my wifes 858 natural. What a night for cigars.

Dan (JustDanD)
Slimboli
23 years ago
The funny thig about 'yellow cello' ... is that I've been told that some manufacturer 'tint' the material prior to making the cello tubes.

... so, the yellowing of the cello sleeves is not always an indicator that the cigar is 'well aged'.

Just a thought to ponder ...
Lowman
23 years ago
Slim,

I have noticed that. I have a Macanudo Vintage '79 that the cello is real yellow yet the Anejo that you sent me w/ 3 yrs age on it is still clear. Granted, the Mac is real old, but you'd think after 3 yrs, the Anejo should have a little color on it.

Low

BTW, DanD, that LT Cab is a nice smoke...

JustDanD
23 years ago
You're probably right, Slim, about cello. I don't think they faked the bloom on it, though... Or the taste. It had that same flavor that the old La Viejas I found have. Main point being that I enjoyed the cigar.

Dan
Slimboli
23 years ago
Lowman --- that Anejo is older than 3 years. It's one of the original releases ... and I had it for 3 years, before I sent it to you.

... I'm not sure when they were first released ... or how long the guy had it who sent it to me ... but I know for sure that it is much older!
Slimboli
23 years ago
BTW --- I was showing off my original release Anejo 55 at the BAD herf last Saturday ...

... and a lot of those guy's were foaming at the mouth!

One guy just looked at me and said, 'Damn, I hope you realize that cigar is as good as gold ..."

Now I'll never smoke it ... LOL!

Enjoy the 49, my friend ... and you had BETTER smoke it! You won't find many opportunities again ... 😉
SteveS
23 years ago
JustDanD ... I'd go for a buy two and get one free on those smokes anytime, yellow cello or not ... that's one of my favorite smokes ... where on earth are you that you found those in a "nobody wants me" bin ?????
JustDanD
23 years ago
Uh oh. My stash could get raided if I reveal Dayton Ohio for my location. They have several old lines in that case. Only thing is, I don't know these old brands to know what is a find or not. I had tried a La Tradicion Cabinet Perdomo Reserve #3 that I got in trade with petertyras and even my wife liked it. These taste very different.

I just buy one out of the case and try it. Sometimes I crave that taste that they have.

If you would like to try one, send me your snailer and I'll send ya a few. Actually would like a "seasoned" smoker opinion on this taste. I might not know an aged cigar from my .. er .. non aged cigar. I'll give one to Lowman at the herf next week. Get some more feedback.

BTW. I meant Plume not Bloom, but I guess it comes out the same.

Doty-HQ at
woh dot
com

Dan (JustDanD)
tonester666
23 years ago
Dan, did you receive my e-mail?

tony
JustDanD
23 years ago
tonester666. Didn't recieve your email because I screwed up my da$m email address again when I posted it. That's the second time.

Doty-HQ at woh dot rr dot com
tonester666
23 years ago
will resend. I wonder who gets the others since they do not come back undeliverable??????
JustDanD
23 years ago
email recieved.. sticks to be sent.
Dan
Users browsing this topic