MoombaMania
23 years ago
Help a newbie out. I am very confused on ISOM terminalogy.

If I have been gifted a RyJ "Habana" how does this differ from my Mont#2 "Havana" labled cigars.
Robby
23 years ago
Mine say Habana
choner
23 years ago
The difference is one letter. duh!

choner
GardnerFTW
23 years ago
I do not have much knowledge as far as labeling on ISOM's, but I do have a few years of speaking some spanish. In spanish, the letters v & b are pronounced with a very similar sound, so its possible that it could just be an accepted variation of spelling, as I have seen v's & b's substituted on maps of spanish speaking countries for the spelling that we would consider correct in english.
Slimboli
23 years ago
My Cuban Montecristo No.2 have 'Habana' printed on the bands also ...

... your Monte's may be counterfeit.
smokemed
23 years ago
If you have Montecristo # 2 cigars and it says "Havana" on the band, it is fake. All Cuban cigars will say "Habana" on the band. Now it will say "Made in Havana Cuba" on the boxes of some cigars, but like I' said, if Havana on the band it is a fake Cuban cigar. Sorry if that is the case, but I' tell'em as I' see'em.
Slimboli
23 years ago
GardnerFTW --- Cuba would not, and does not, make bands in the "spelling that we would consider correct in english" ...

On the other hand ... counterfeiters just might ... 😉
sakautzky
23 years ago
all of mine say habana, I think you got beat
Robby
23 years ago
How's it taste?
GardnerFTW
23 years ago
Slim, you're most likely correct, like I said I have very little knowledge on the bands of ISOMs, and from things I've seen around here your cigar knowledge has seemed to be excellent. My only point was that in Spanish different areas, and different people, sometimes subsitute the b for the v, or vice-versa, because they are pronounced nearly the same. But as for the part about the authenticity of the band/cigar, that is something I have very little experience with, and will gladly pass on to you and others for answering.
smithbw
23 years ago
kent&marti - Fake it is...Sorry, there is an abundance of counterfiet Cubans. However, the only thing that matters is how it tastes! How does it taste?

Regards,


B
Users browsing this topic