rmarrandino
23 years ago
In honor of BOTL JustDanD making a trip to Chicago we will be holding a Herf on Monday, November 17th.

The herf will either be in LaGrange or in Darien. I'll be taking to a couple of cigar friendly bars to see if they can reserve us a table in front of the big screen for the football game. I'm guessing that there will be between 10 and 20 of us there.

If you are interested please email me at 'rocco dot marrandino at equifax dot com'.
Penguin13
23 years ago
You know I'm in 🙂 I'll let you know how the sponsors go.

KC
Penguin13
23 years ago
More like 30 poeple if all goes well...just check your email 🙂

KC
JustDanD
23 years ago
LOL @ Rocco.

How about "to coincide with the visit of" instead of "in honor of".

Football and cigars. That would be a "Herf and Turf", wouldn't it?

Dan (JustDanD)
Penguin13
23 years ago
And it was spoken...It is now officialy the Chicago Herf and Turf 🙂

KC
gideon
23 years ago
Kevin, Rocco and Dan - I'm in. Looking forward to it.
dkornaus
23 years ago
Kevin's going? Hmm, I guess I'll go anyway. 😉

Count me in.

Dan (The other Dan)
Homebrew
23 years ago
Let me see if Amtrack still runs through Arkansas, and I'll see if I can make it. I thought I heard they cancelled the route though.
Later
Dave (A.K.A. Homebrew)
Penguin13
23 years ago
Dave - Service number 422 Arkadelphia (ARK) to Chicago (CHI). Leaves at 10:27 on Thursday gets you into Chicago at 2:25 on Friday. Now thats a long time to be on a train 🙂

Road Trip, Road Trip, Road Trip....

KC
Homebrew
23 years ago
Ahhh but I don't mind it.
I find the train to be a nice way to travel, if you aren't in a hurry. Don't try and schedule anything, and it works out great. Besides, I can enjoy a few beers, and you meet some pretty interesting people on the train. Besides, I love the way the cigarette smokers, roll their eyes, when I fire up, in the smoking car. You can't drink beers, or meet interesting people, driving on an interstate. Let me look at the schedule, I work weekends, but have all week off, if my computer buisness doesn't get to hectic, during the holidays, then my weekdays are generally free.
Later
Dave (A.K.A. Homebrew)
Penguin13
23 years ago
C'mon, sure you can drink beers and smoke while driving on the intersate! Just think how many interesting State Troopers you'll meet on the way. Not to mention all the interesting people in your holding cell while you wait for bail - LOL 🙂

KC
JustDanD
23 years ago
OK, Penguin doesn't do the driving while I am in Chicago.

Brew, that would be fantastic if you could make it. Imagine, meeting the inventor of the CBid Original Birthday Club. Wow! I usually get a suite room for the week and you can crash the couch. I'm sure you could get offers to use BOTL houses as well. Put some serious consideration to this trip.

Dan (JustDanD)
rmarrandino
23 years ago
Gee Dan, you get a suite and you only offer Homebrew a couch?
JustDanD
23 years ago
OK. By suite I mean a good sized room with couch, kitchenette, table and ONE bed. I'll share every cigar I have with Dave, but only one of us is sleeping in the bed.

Besides, I would have to be in class at 8:00am and need my beauty sleep.

Dan
Penguin13
23 years ago
I say we all crash at Roccos house that weekend 🙂 I'll sleep on the back deck and listen to the cayotes all night. Dan can stay with Astro and Dave can sleep with that horse you call a dog! 🙂

KC
rmarrandino
23 years ago
The horse/dog sleeps in its cage. So, I guess it would be appropriate sleeping arraignments for that Arkansas boy........Just kidding Dave!!!!

Boy that couch in JustDanD's suite is looking better by the minute.

Penguin, since the wife won't allow YOU in the house you are welcome to sleep on the deck. I'll make sure I hang a steak off of the side of the deck so that you can get a really good look at the coyotes.

Penguin13
23 years ago
Well, You will all be happy to know that I just got off the phone with Johnny of Bucanero Cigars. He said that he would be proud to sponsor our Herf on Nov. 17th. He is sending me Z's Salsa's and Cassic Maduro Belicosos along with shirts and hats!!!!

KC
rmarrandino
23 years ago
WTG Penguin!!!!!

Now just make sure that those goodies make it to the herf.
Penguin13
23 years ago
Uhhh...what herf 🙂

KC
JustDanD
23 years ago
OK, Penguin. I'll let you drive now. Awesome!! You Chicago boys don't waste any time, do you? My boss just called and confirmed the Purchase Order for the class, so I can book my room now.

Chicago Herf and Turf!

Dan (JustDanD)
Users browsing this topic