AnneAhnimus
23 years ago
We have two shape charts on the wall of our pool table room, and I am curious about their value.

The first one is an 11x16 wood frame that contains 17 different Tabaclera cigars. It has a piece of clear lucite (?) over the front, with an oval-shaped 4x6 sticker. The wood could use some furniture polish, but the whole thing is in very good shape.

The second one is a 10x21 piece of masonite-like material with the pictures and names/descriptions of 19 Cuesta-Rey cigars. There is a hard clear coating over the picture, and it is perfect shape.

We acquired both of them about 10 years ago when we bought a house from an elderly couple with connections to the cigar business, so they are at least that old, and probably quite a bit older.

Does anybody have any opinions about their value?

-- Anne

xibbumbero
23 years ago
Put them up for auction at the Y site and you'll find out. X
gorob23
23 years ago
I'd like to see a pictue how about posting one here ?
Slimboli
23 years ago
Email Drew over at the Cigar Family website ... he may be able to help you with the Cuesta-Rey one ...
Slimboli
23 years ago
BTW ... The Cuesta Rey Cabinet Selection was introduced to the United States in 1958, and is the first one you mentioned from Tabacalera A. Fuente?

Just for fun ... check out these sites on cigar art:

http://www.cigarlabelgazette.com/ 

And the National Cigar Museum:

http://www.cigarnexus.com/nationalcigarmuseum/index.html 
AnneAhnimus
23 years ago
> Put them up for auction at the Y site
> and you'll find out. X

Thanks, but I'm not sure I want to sell them. At this point I'm just curious.

> I'd like to see a pictue how about posting one here ?

Sure, I'll post some pictures over in the Picture Post forum.

> Email Drew over at the Cigar Family website

I'll do that. I just visited cigarfamily.com and saw the Newman name. That was the maiden name of the woman from whom we bought our house.

> is the first one you mentioned from Tabacalera A. Fuente?

I don't know... All of the information I have is from the label (second picture in Picture Post forum).

> check out these sites on cigar art:

Thanks!

-- Anne

AnneAhnimus
22 years ago
Following up, I just posted three cigar-related items for sale on eBay: a shape chart, four baseball caps, and a poster/placard.

-- Anne

...cigman
22 years ago
AnneAhnimus
22 years ago
Oops? Did I do something wrong? I checked with CigarBid.com and they told me they don't handle items from individuals, and they brought up eBay.

If you mean the three/four thing, the four caps are being sold as a lot, as one item.

-- Anne
Slimboli
22 years ago
They may have brought up the other auction site to you as a suggestion of a place for you to aution off your items ...

... but I don't think they intended for you to mention it here on their forums.

In the past, such references were edited out of the posts, as they have been considered a competing website.
AnneAhnimus
22 years ago
Sorry! Since CigarBid doesn't sell items like these, and CigarBid pointed me toward eBay, I didn't think they considered it competition. My bad, I don't visit here often enough to know the rules.

-- Anne
Users browsing this topic