AVB
  • AVB
  • Aficionado Topic Starter
23 years ago
Just one example is the Gurkha Special-Edition Centurian with knife was supposedly $450 now on sale for $250 on CI while the same 14 cigars without the knife is shown on Cbid for $425 list. Does this mean the knife is only worth $25? Does anybody really think this cigar is a $30 stick or a $10 one hyped up. Also, why aren't these available anywhere else besides CB/CI, having only one source leads to artificial pricing as any economics book will tell you.

If only "real" pricing would be used then consumers could make better decisions and we all would be better off.
RICKAMAVEN
23 years ago
AVB

i agree with you, but


"real" pricing, it ain't gonna happen.



Slimboli
23 years ago
AVB --- click the little icon on the bottom of the screen that says 'Contact customer Service' ...

... and I'm sure they will be more than happy to explain to you where they get their MSRP's ... and they would be the ones with the most accurate info ...

Nice people too!
mrtelcom
23 years ago
I bought a Ghurka knife in Nepal once. Accidently left it in my carry-on bag in Kathmandu. I knew something was wrong when the AK-47's started poking me.
Robby
23 years ago
heh, he ain't lying! He's been there!
Tobasco
23 years ago

I've always thought of CI as being pretty fair. I dont know about the merchandise you are speaking of, but I do know that I wouldnt pay $400 for ANY cigars, knife or not. There are way too many great smokes out there for half that price or less. Just my opinion.

Mag
savbond000
23 years ago
In college they've taught me that supply and demand set the price of things. they could be wrong, but at least i'll get credit hours for putting it on tests that way.

Patrick Yost
redsquid
23 years ago
Manufacturers suggested retail price. Ask the manufacturer not cbid. The price is derived depending on intended market penetration and has little to do with inherent quality of the product.
AVB
  • AVB
  • Aficionado Topic Starter
23 years ago
redsquid, In the case of this particular product it is being made for CI and available nowhere else. I would think that there was some input from CI as to the cost and selling point. When you are the only supplier then MSRP is whatever you say it is.

Slimboli
23 years ago
According to CI ... the knife is a 'freebie' ... so that doesn't even factor into the price.

I don't really pay attention to the MSRP anyway (which is $420, BTW) ... as the MANUFACTURER can quote just about anything they want, as to the worth of their product ... and that is all relative as to what the consumer is willing to pay, anyway. I rarely see the actual price of a product selling for what the MSRP states, on any product.

I still say ask someone at CI or CB ...
bigjeff99
23 years ago
These cigars are available through another retailer. Try google using "Gurkha Centurian".
AVB
  • AVB
  • Aficionado Topic Starter
23 years ago
I'll be damned, I did do a search but used the full "Gurkha Centurian Double-X" title. Oh well, it still doesn't change the rant, only the example.
Users browsing this topic