La10870
23 years ago
Anyone ever try these? I tend to like the other Torano lines.
xibbumbero
23 years ago
Frankie Torano said that CT made these for a Company several years ago. The co. no longer exists and I'm guessing these are a close out cigar. He also stated that he's never had one and doesn't know what the flavor profile is like. X
Tobasco
23 years ago
La10870, where are you getting these? I love Toranos. If it isnt here, dont break the rules. E-mail me if you dont mind. magnafide(at)aol(dot)com. Thanks! Just name the e-mail 'Torano'.
wer
  • wer
  • Herf-A-Holic
23 years ago
Mag, they were available on the CI site not long ago. Probably still are a few left. The generous PT sent me a couple a little while back and I did a short review. I really liked it. Here's the thread:

http://www.cigarbid.com/auction/forum/forum.cfm?action=list&forumID=1&messageDisplay=0000000012373 
Tobasco
23 years ago


Thank you Wer... :>)

Mag
La10870
22 years ago
Mag
Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I won a box last week here at CI. Email me your snaller and I will happily send you a few to sample. Email me at mladd at harvardgroupintl dot com
La10870
22 years ago
Wer,
thanks for the review, I hope to try one this afternoon on the golf course.

Michael aka La10870
Tobasco
22 years ago

La10870 thanks, e-mail sent. Better be ready for reciprocation!

Mag
chuckler
22 years ago
Wer,

Ya know, I never did see that review! Thanks for posting it! I am glad they pleased your palette.

I found a last one in my humi the other day, at least two+ years laying down. Your review will encourage me to enjoy this stick this weekend!

I always find it funny how our pre-conceived notions can effect how we approach a cigar. I have smoked some BEAUTIFUL smokes that left me wanting (i.e., Aroma De Cuba) and then smoked some wierd looking things that made me stand up and notice (i.e., Vega Talanga). Light'em with ya eyes closed, that's what I say!!!

...Wouldn't it be nice if we could approach all things without pre-judgement. The world would be quite the place...

Cheers,

PT 😉
(aka...chuckler)


La10870
22 years ago
Mag/Mike
I tried one of the Xquisitos last nite and wanted to give my impression. They were slightly dry upon arrival so a week or 2 in the humi will probably help. This is a very mild cigar, but it does have a spicy, pepper like quality that keeps your attention. A great cigar for that 7am tee time when I'm note quite ready for the Don Carlos. The construction and burn were first rate...damn near perfect with firm silver-white ash. A great $1 cigar at CB price but not something I would smoke as a regular and at prices over $30 a box there are many better alternatives. Still, not bad for the $22 I paid.
Tobasco
22 years ago
La10870/Mike

Hey guy! I just recieved the smokes you sent me, in good condition. Thanks so much for your generousity! I will take your advise and let em rest for a couple of weeks, then let you know what I think.

Mike you are a true BOTL, thanks again!!

Mag
Users browsing this topic