tonylum
  • tonylum
  • Connoisseur Topic Starter
22 years ago
I'm on my way to my local tobacconist tomorrow and wanted to pick up a box of something bold tasting. What I had in mind was either
1. Don Thomas Sp/ed Corojo Robustos
2. El Rey Del Mundo Robusto Larga
3. Leon Jimenes 6x58 Torpedo
I like a nice kick in a ciger, and pretty much like each of these that I have listed above.
I'm kind of looking for suggestions on what fellow CBID'ers would pick.

Thanks to all who reply,
Tony

[email protected]
Homebrew
22 years ago
Joya de Nic. Antono 1970,
Especially the Gran Consul.
They will knock you on your ass,
And Mighty tasty, as well.
Later
Dave (A.K.A. Homebrew)
ikonoklast7
22 years ago
CAO Brazilia, Excaliber 1066, La Gloria Cubana Serie R, Punch (especially if it's in a double-maduro wrapper) and Montecristo Serie V would all be good choices for full-bodied smokes...at least that's what I'd get.
jd1
  • jd1
  • Herf-A-Holic
22 years ago
IMHO, go with what your palate tells you, but for me:
Any JdN Antano (the churchills seem "mellower")
El Rico Habano (nat or the new maddie)
Punch Gran Puro
Aroma de Cuba
Oliva O Bold
Camacho Limited Series (Diploma, 11/18, 07/05)
Ashton VSG (look for the darkest wrapper; shades vary)
Opus
PAM/PAN '64 or '26
La Flor Dominicana Ligero and Double Ligero
Fuente Don Carlos
GU
  • GU
  • Connoisseur
22 years ago
I'm not sure if all of these would qualify as kick-ass, but they are full of flavor and very satisfying for me: La Aroma de Cuba, Indian Tabac, Padron, AF Don Carlos, and check out Trilogy.
pswannab
22 years ago
Try La Gloria if you can afford them,less expensive and you'll really get a buzz is the Joya De Nicarugua. Try a reasonably priced Camacho Corojo. Partaga Black, CAO Brazilia,or an Oscuro El Rey Robusto Larga.
redneck1
22 years ago
Of the three listed I would go with the El Rey Del Mundo Robusto Larga. After letting them rest about three months in your humi you will understand why.
Stickbow
22 years ago
I enjoy CAO Brazilia Samba, CAO eXtreme beli and the JDN Gran Counsel. As far as full body my list is backwards but that is my preferance.........
remington850
22 years ago
I am surprised no one has listed a Buc Full Sail or a Buc Salsa. Those would be my choices IMHO.

Remington
Penguin13
22 years ago
What jd1 said

KC
tonylum
  • tonylum
  • Connoisseur Topic Starter
22 years ago
Wow, a whole boatload of suggestions. Thanks for all the input, but I think I settled on the
La Gloria Cubana R's. I can get a box for a c-note, not bad since my local shop sell them for about $10 a pop. Wow he makes almost 250 a box.
I was thinking of going into business for myself, but wasn't sure what type. I should look into being a tobacconist with those prifit margens.

Thanks again,
Tony
jd1
  • jd1
  • Herf-A-Holic
22 years ago
Yes, the Buc Full Sail, Salsa, and Z are definitely on my list.
ARRRRR!
grizzly
22 years ago
if you really want a buzzzz go for the Brazilia. good luck.
Users browsing this topic