jdobson
  • jdobson
  • Connoisseur Topic Starter
22 years ago
Just a quick shout out to all the board members who have talked up the Bucs since I recently started coming around here. I finally got around to grabbing an El Capitan at my local shop and smoked it last night. Though I found the wrapper to be a little thin for my gnawing style, this rank this as the second best cigar I ever smoked. It was really wonderful and a stick I would have never bothered to try if not for the talking of them up around here. Thanks.

Oh what is my number 1? Lars Tetens #7 that I smoked a long time ago. I paid $40 for and it was *almost* worth it. Too bad those aren't around any more and the rest of the Lars line has gone to he|| over the last couple years. Oh well, I am discovering new stuff all the time!
Slimboli
22 years ago
WOO-WOO ... gotta love it.

Just wait until you try the rest of the lines (Salsa, Peg Leg, Full Sail and the el Capitan Reseva Maduro) ... you are in for a real treat!

The Maduros have a much tougher (and tastier) wrapper, BTW ... and the 'Z' will remind you of a PAN ...
al'Thor
22 years ago
AAaaarrrrrggggghhhhh!!!!! a landlubber ye be no more! Ye be sailing the high seas with us scallywags, searchin' fer more booty!
sohard2c
22 years ago
S A L S A >>>>>.....uuuuhhmmmmm. I love the flavor changes as it burns... Gotta smoke this one slooowwwww for fullest flavors. Hot Box this one and your gonna pass out.
Penguin13
22 years ago
Should have my box of Salsa'a and El Capitain Maduros on Monday 🙂 Aaarrgghhhhhh!!!

KC
DrMaddVibe
22 years ago
They're ALL good, but right now...I'm hooked on the Catalina's. I've only smoked the maduro, but man o man. Short on time doesn't mean you have to smoke one that's short on flavor. If you guys see them...buy them. If you don't like them...I'll trade you for them.

Rumor has it that they're named after the owner's wife. If she packs as much of a punch as the cigar bearing her name, I feel for the guy. Heck, I'll even start a support group. At least we could get together and smoke. But you all know that I'm not one to gossip or anything.
Slimboli
22 years ago
Not a rumor, DrMaddVibe ...

... they are indeed named after Robert's lovely wife, and I heard it straight from him at the Napa Wine and Cigar event.
Lowman
22 years ago
Aaarrrggghhh !!! Welcome aboard...

Low
Slimboli
22 years ago
A few weks ago, I won a box of 'Z' here at CB for about $10 over wholesale ... so good deals can be had, for those who are patient and persistant!

I was surprised to find that they are now in 'new and improved' boxes, the first batch of boxes were a lttle to big, so there were problems with them bouncing around during shipment.

This is just more proof that they are always striving to improve their product.

I must say, that these are even better than the first release (the ones in bundles that were specially made for the tour of Bucanero events) ... as each one was flawless in construction, the draw on the three I've had so far is effortless with tons of smoke ... and the flavor is truely outstanding.

I swear that the 'Z' is a mirror image of the PAN ...
BeatDragon
22 years ago
I had a Bucanero once.
cayman2b
22 years ago
On my way for some X-mas shopping today and decided to drop by my local cigar shop....

They had a buy one get one free on the Bucanero El Capitan Reserva Mad's.. got 10 plus box for 32.50 + tax and he threw in 2 Buc Crews for me to try.. usually dont buy at the local shops because of $$ but I think I got a deal.. gonna spark one up tonight

Shop owner said the Buc's dont sell for crap and thanked me for "taking him off his hands"..

You are welcome my friend!
TinMan51
22 years ago
"caymen" You got a Heck of a deal the dealer price on the El-Capitan is $4.16 each..Lucky you..TinMan
0patience
22 years ago
The comment "Though I found the wrapper to be a little thin for my gnawing style"......
I am smoking and El Cpaitan right now and I gotta wonder, just how hard are you chewing on the cigar??
I've had some cigars with thin wrappers, one I have for my daily cigar [Don Tomas Cameroon Selection] and it has a thin wrapper. The El Capitan, I do not find has a thin wrapper. Maybe I am missing something?
rdk
  • rdk
  • Connoisseur
22 years ago
Cayman you got a steal. My shop which has about everything else does not carry bucs. These cigars rock. I like them all my favorite so far would be the full sails. But they are all good. I cannot wait to try the Don Douglass although I have been unable to find them thus far. I cannot figure out why these smokes are not more widely known for what they are and that would be one of the best cigars in the world.
chancoln
22 years ago
If you think the EL Capitan roll in 2003 is great. Age them a year or two and it will have the same strenght, and flavor but smoother. I have a box of 2001 and it's far more superior than 2003. You can check the date of manufacture by looking at the bottom of the box. This is same for all Bucanero line.
cayman2b
22 years ago
OHH Baby..!

If you are into full bodied smokes this is worth a try.....deep, rich, complex..

I have not smoked many of the super top end smokes available out there but I believe this is the best smoke I have ever had.. curiously changing taste profiles, even cool burn,.. too bad my local shop is
dropping the line..

AArrgghhh !!
Cayman



TinMan51
22 years ago
"rdk" and cayman2b drop me a line about Buc's.
cnyreen2001 at yahoo dot com
jdobson
  • jdobson
  • Connoisseur Topic Starter
22 years ago
I don't gnaw that hard. Maybe I just got one that was a little thin around the cap. It didn't lessen my enjoyment by any means.
cayman2b
22 years ago
rdc-

shoot me an e-mail if you wish..

cayman2b
hotmail
Users browsing this topic