al'Thor
  • al'Thor
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
22 years ago
Ok, so this jerk HarleyDave sends me this package out of the blue and inside are three mystery gars! He tells me that he had so much fun with the last blind taste test, he wanted to do it again! (if his idea of fun is sending me free cigars - he can have all the fun he wants!) So, sorry for the delay, Dave, but I wanted to post pics and I don't have a digitial camera and I had to get the film developed - but then they botched ALL the photos (w/ half the roll of film...). So - No pics, but here goes the reviews:

#1 A robusto (all were robustos) - medium brown, not quite maduro, but dark, oily and veiny - an inconsistent wrapper w/ some imperfections. Cutter destroyed the cap as it crunched through it! : ( maybe it was still too dry... Pre light draw was easy and slightly bitter. First few puffs yield tons of smoke, but a strong bitter flavor. 1/2 inch into it, it's burning crooked but tasting better, ash is a solid smooth block of white. 1" into it, the flavor is opening up and mellowing - developing a slight rich flavor like a '59. At 2 1/2 inches I had to knock off the ash b/c it was scaring me and it held like a Buc! Still consistent rich flavor like a '59-but not quite as full.. this is very enjoyable! 2" left on it, spice has returned and now it reminds me of the punch gran puro I had not too long ago. Interesting flavor, not consistent and finish is a little harsh, but good flavor throughout. All in all it was a very enjoyable smoke!

So.....?
al'Thor
  • al'Thor
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
HarleyDave
22 years ago
I have my list at home. I guess you'll just have to wait till later for the answers. 😉

I can tell you that you do have the numbers correct because I do remember what number 2 was.
al'Thor
  • al'Thor
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
22 years ago
sweet.

... I mean - Crap! I knew you'd do this to me!

: )

If it wasn't for the draw on #3 I think all would be excellent smokes! #2 especially!

can't wait!!
HarleyDave
22 years ago
Can you guess which one was the Cuban?? 😉
gorob23
22 years ago
WARNING ******THREAD JACK *** dave what did You think of the geraldo? and did you ever get any more..rob
HarleyDave
22 years ago
Rob,

Sent you an email on that before, guess you didn't get it. Another email on it's way.
al'Thor
  • al'Thor
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
22 years ago
HAHA! I knew it!!! (hmmm... wonder why you haven't posted a review on ol' number 2.....)

I'M DYING TO KNOW NOW!!!!
al'Thor
  • al'Thor
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
22 years ago
ENOUGH already!!!!

??????????
Users browsing this topic