ikonoklast7
22 years ago
I'm very distraught by how supposed brothers of the leaf are treating each other on this board.

If some of these people are supposed to be "brothers"...well then who the hell needs enemies?

People have taken the initiative to jump all over godfather's butt without knowing the whole story. And even if they did know everything about the whole case, they still should've kept their mouths shut about it and simply refused to trade with him INSTEAD of writing him rude and threatening emails.

And now me, who's been trying to maintain a little bit of decency in this case by asking people to stop flaming him, has been receiving threats from a member of this board, and I don't like it at all.

This isn't how grown men should behave. And if this situation doesn't calm down, peace isn't made, and apologies on both sides aren't made, then I'm taking the road of past brothers like emgjet and I'm leaving these boards.

This forum is supposed to be about supposed "brother" cigar smokers sharing their knowledge and meeting one another...not acting like a bunch of spoiled brats pointing fingers and name-calling.
nwb
  • nwb
  • Aficionado
22 years ago
I agree. What happened to giving a person the benefit of the doubt? I have been on the bad end of a trade once, and I settled it PRIVATELY. This board is not for flaming or being rude. The purpose of this board is to develop comraderie among people who smoke cigars. Please keep your negative comments about others on the board to yourself.

nwb
xibbumbero
22 years ago
I kinda know the story but what happened next wasn't in true BOTL form. X :~(
puskarich
22 years ago
What happened? Did I miss a thread somewhere? Since this is posted on every board I imagine there is something that needs to be made public?

Just curious.
xrundog
22 years ago
I haven't seen anyone publicly flamed. I haven't seen any mention of this issue until this and the thread by you in the trader forum. Haven't seen the entire issue put forth. Maybe you should spell it out and get a concensus.
xrundog
22 years ago
Okay, found it! I think I said this before...Seems like someone needs to send out some smokes! And pronto! I believe that will alleviate the troubles. The reputation? The people that have enjoyed your trades will no doubt continue to do so.
ikonoklast7
22 years ago
GF is currently sending smokes to make up for the lose.

Godfather received numerous flames from people on the boards either on the boards or through email.
Slimboli
22 years ago
ikonoklast7 --- take this to the 'Miscellaneous' board ... where it belongs.
mrkmitch
22 years ago
I agree with Slim, this is either a Trades issues or a Miscellaneous issue. It dosen't belong here on the Cigar boards. Actually, it dosen't belong anywhere on these boards. The issue should have been settled personally by e-mail. In the past few months the tone on these boards has taken a decidely turn for the worse. I appreciate most psots, and especially ones that try to help, or educate, or inform. The specific post referenced started out as a well meaning note of appreciation that someone turned into a personal vendetta. That's wrong. Move it somewhere else boys.
Users browsing this topic