smithbw
  • smithbw
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
22 years ago
Greetings All,

As you can see I am trying to do some comparision before buying a new cigar cutter. Has anyone here used the cigar slicer? I know that Rookie139 has and he swears by it...

Here is a cut and paste from another website:

The Cigar Slicer has a rotating blade that slices the end off your cigar cleanly and efficiently. This unique cigar cutter has few moving parts to prevent jamming. It has a very smooth slicing action. The blade is made of the best stainless steel that the Gillette Corporation can offer and is self sharpening and will last a lifetime. The annodized aluminum housing holds a razor sharp blade that is virtually indestructible. A Serious Cigar Cutter for a Serious Cigar Smoker. This cigar cutter will handle up to a 50 ring cigar. It measures 2 1/4 in. by 5 in.

Thanks for the feedback.

Regards,


B
dz130
22 years ago
Sounds interesting, but only up to 50? A lot of good gars are 52 or larger. If it does come in a bigger size, I'd seriously consider it.

Doug
smithbw
  • smithbw
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
22 years ago
Agreed! For the bigger ring gars my personal cutter of choice is the SAK.

Just wondering if anyone has used this before and what their perception is.

Regards,


B
Slimboli
22 years ago
I'm not so sure why anyone would worry about a cutter that only cuts up to a 50 ring guage ...

... that is the size of the cigar at its widest point.

Most would agree, that when you cut the cap, it's at the shoulder of the cap ... and that would be right about 50, or less ...
Skatty2hotty
22 years ago
I don't like using a striaght blade cutter for ring gauges over 50. I prefer a V.
smithbw
  • smithbw
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
22 years ago
Not the Inmensio... 🙂 LOL!

You are soooooo right Slim...Just yanking your chain.

Regards,

B
SteveS
22 years ago
Yeah, but that V-cutter doesn't work all that well on torps such as the one I'm smoking right now ...
Da-Glyde
22 years ago
Whats the website i wanna see what this thing is all about? Ashtonsmoker at hotmail

GIG'em,

Dan
Skatty2hotty
22 years ago
I don't think I've ever seen a torp that required more than a 50 ring guage cutter.
Slimboli
22 years ago
I don't think anyone else has either ... LOL!

I've got two of those 'slicers' coming my way ... and will let you all know how they work!
usahog
22 years ago
I usually always carry 2 cutters and a punch...
Cigar doesn't last long enough to worry about V cuttin it...
I also carry a Pig Sticker also known as a Gutter..

LMAO!!!!!!!

Hog
SP
  • SP
  • Aficionado
22 years ago
I would also like the web site to this cutter...I can toast, I can puff and I can blow.......Cutting (clipping) is my downfall at times...

BTW---No sexual comments needed in reply...LOL
SP
  • SP
  • Aficionado
22 years ago
^^ Opps........

SAllenHumidors at aol dot com
originalgoat
22 years ago
I would like the website as well... a google search is turning up some very strange things for me.

thanks!

ike at ikeplair dot com
Da-Glyde
22 years ago
IS THIS THING ON STILL?

GIG'EM,

DAN
smithbw
  • smithbw
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
22 years ago
Dan and the other brothers,

I apologize...Did not get back to this thread until now.

Here is the information from that "E" site:

The Worlds Best Cigar Cutter, The Cigar Slicer
This may be the only Cigar Cutter you will use

New LOW price !
The Best Cigar Cutter on the market! The Cigar Slicer has a rotating blade that slices the end off your cigar cleanly and efficiently. This unique cigar cutter has few moving parts to prevent jamming. It has a very smooth slicing action. The blade is made of the best stainless steel that the Gillette Corporation can offer and is self sharpening and will last a lifetime. The annodized aluminum housing holds a razor sharp blade that is virtually indestructible. A Serious Cigar Cutter for a Serious Cigar Smoker. This cigar cutter will handle up to a 50 ring cigar. It measures 2 1/4 in. by 5 in. It will fit perfectly inside any humidor. This would make a great holiday gift. Proudly MADE IN THE U.S.A.

SP
  • SP
  • Aficionado
22 years ago
Found it on that site, but now it says:

The seller ended this listing early because the item is no longer available for sale
smithbw
  • smithbw
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
22 years ago
SP - Email Sent - My Brother!
usahog
22 years ago
Wow I fell asleep on this one also...

Hog
Users browsing this topic