tonylum
  • tonylum
  • Connoisseur Topic Starter
22 years ago
Just got my box of Torano 1916's torpedo's from CI. I couldn't wait to crank one up, so while I was preping the box for my humidor I sparked one up. All I can say is wow, what a nice creamy smoke. It's somewhat full bodied. Construction on the torpedo is impeccable, there is a nice oily sheen to the cameroon wrapper. With a little age in the humi, these guy's will be hard to beat. I'm now considering buying the 59's too.
Deriffe
22 years ago
I've had a couple of the Churchill's and I agree with your assessment. Great smokes off the truck and will only get better with age.
smithbw
22 years ago
Yep, these cigars suck...The Worst New Cigar on the Market. They are mine - all mine - everyone stay away from em...Great Gar! Plus the customer service at Torano is Sublime!



mpingree
22 years ago
Had my first Torano 1916 today and it certainly won't be my last. With a full bodied flavor, a comfortable spicy taste, and great ash it just continues my love affair with the Torano line. Can't wait to get my lips around a Tribute now !!

BTW, anybody with 1916's or the new Tributes they want to part with just let me know.

mkpingreeatyahoodotcom
billreif
22 years ago
I love the 59's
one of my favorites.
Can't wait to try the 1916's.
Tributes ?
Deriffe
22 years ago
Frankie announced at the Toraño board that the Tributes should be in local shops very soon. They have begun shipping them to local shops.

WOOHOO!!!
emgjet
22 years ago
Was gifted one by Jazzman...a fine Cameroon smoke, I was impressed by this Torano line.

Ed
SteveS
22 years ago
given the age that's on this tobacco already, it's hard to imagine humidor time making much difference unless they came a bit dry or a bit damp and just need a little time to have their humidity stablize ... and yes, these ARE indeed, some damn fine smokes
Secret_Agent_Man
22 years ago

I tried a 1916 recently. If the rest I smoke match the 1st one, then it will become my new Toraño favorite. At this time the Signature Series is my #1 Toraño choice, with the 1959s coming in a close second...

(__{SAM}_____]]]]~~
dbguru
22 years ago
Tried one of these 10 days ago and my thoughts were that these were very much like the Torano Reserva Seletca cigars with the addition of Cameroon overtones. Actually I think that is really what the 1916 is all about. Same filler and binder w/Cameroon wrapper.

All in all, I liked it. Nice construction and body, but flavorwise, I prefer something a bit spicier and more complex. This is a smooth well behaved cigar and certainly a good deal at Cbid prices.
Users browsing this topic