tonylum
  • tonylum
  • Connoisseur Topic Starter
22 years ago
I was just curious on what is the best way to store a box of cigars in a humidor. I'm in the process of picking up a humidor that will hold 15 to 20 boxes, plus a couple of draws for loose cigars. When storing a box of cigars is it best to take the plastic off the box and also remove the celo wrap from each cigar. Do I also need to leave the box open a bit so it can stay at the same humidity as the rest of the humidor.
By leaving the box closed, with the plastic wrap on, couldn't possibly keep them fresh, or will it.
Slimboli
22 years ago
Personally, I don't think it matters much, though many will disagree ...

Heck ... they store the boxes wrapped in cello at the tobacconist, don't they?

My belief is, if the Rh is constant in the environment the box is in ... it gong to be pretty stable inside that box.

usahog
22 years ago
Bingo what Slim said.. Hell I've been to guy's houses where they got Boxes Jammed Packed in there Humidors and I often wondered how the air even has a chance to circulate in them... but doesn't matter when they give you a vintage cigar and after the initial Light.. you think what the hell works for him LMAO!!!!!!

Hog
Users browsing this topic