smelly4tay
22 years ago
I have a question for all you cigar wizards, cause I am still learning. I just emptied my Montecristo White box and bought an empty Montecristo art box for cheap at my local store. Although I have a nice 200 capacity humi, I would like to use these boxes for desktop humidors, or set them up for friends. Is it possible for these boxes to emulate the real deal?? I put 2 small 25-count humidifiers in there and prepared them in the way that larger ones are, but the reason I ask is that the humidity is fluctuating from 63%-77%, according to my trusty digi meter. These numbers don't seem that bad, but my large humidor keeps a beatiful 69% all day, every day. Thanks for the help, and happy puffing to all!!!!
Smelly-D
RICKAMAVEN
22 years ago
smelly4tay

first i would be careful of your trusty meter.

second i would make a note of it's reading wnever i open the box. you may be checking it so often that the guage is reflecting the room humidity in addition to the box humidity.

check it sunday, close it, and then check it tuesday.

too much is made of the exactitude of the magic 69 or 70%. the cigar's flavor doesn't change, just the ability to smoke it at it's best.
Users browsing this topic