dz130
  • dz130
  • Aficionado Topic Starter
22 years ago
Going to the Fuente dinner here in Cleveland. Can't wait. Hope to meet some local BOTL and burn a few.

Doug
xibbumbero
22 years ago
smithbw
22 years ago
I will be there in spirit - Don't forget to say hi to My Brother - Cruizer!

Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy!
chipslave
22 years ago
Just got back from the charity event in Fargo. Fun time had by all. It just makes me cringe though seeing people who obviously don't know how to enjoy a fine cigar of this magnitude.

smithbw
22 years ago
Jay,

If you get a minute - You gotta write a review in order for me to live the event Vicariously...

I would have loved to have shared the Herf!
chipslave
22 years ago
The Fargo event was by far smaller than most others (only 25 invitations were given). I was fortunate enough to have some good connections to get an invite. It was held at a small cigar botique that is attached to a gas station. Most people there were avid cigar smoker and the aroma of the fine Oous X and DC Max was heavenly. I of course wanted to save mine. I would rather enjoy it in the comfort of my living room, or even better, gift it to someone I know would truly cherish and enjoy a cigar of this magnitude.

They did a drawing for a beautifl Montecristo humidor and it was won by a fella who I had to explain to what he won. I did my best to buy it off of him, but he woldn't budge. Don't be surprised if you see it on an auction site somwhere...

It was an event I won't forget anytime soon and I am glad that the money is going to a good cause...
smithbw
22 years ago
Wooo-Hooo!

Thanks for the review...I could almost smell the smoke from here!

Regards,


B
penzt8
22 years ago
I attended the event last night in Richmond, VA. A few of the guys from the Hampton Roads area made the trip up there. I met up with Tarheel and HarleyRed and a couple of others. All in all it was a really good night.

This event was held at the Main Street Brewery just a few blocks from Virginia Commonwealth University. I arrived about ahalf hour early so I sipped on one of the house brews as I unpatiently waited. A couple of guys from the Richmond area showed up shortly after I did and we sat and discussed cigars for awhile. At 6:00 the doors opened. I received my two cigars as I entered.

The room was filled with tables loaded with other Fuente products and also some other cigar essentials (lighters, humidors, ashtrays, and such). There were additional cigars to purchase (Opus, Maximus, Hemingways, etc) and merchandise to auction off with all the procceds also going to the charity.

I purchased an additional Opus X for $20 (hey it's for charity). After milling around and BS-ing with the guys for awhile, the food was brought in. Beef kabobs, chicken kabobs, oysters, crab cakes, and Scallops. Everything was very good.

At 7:00 they played a prerecorded message from Carlito Fuente and we had the toast with our cigars. I made my toast with a Maximus Churchill (not the one from event but one I had brought with me).

They had a live auction of some really nice Opus items (crystal ashtray, lighted Opus X store sign, humidor). They also had some sponsorship from a local TV station that gave away door prizes (hats, shirts, lighters)
The silent auction closed out shortly after 8:30. I bid on and won a box of Cuesta Rey Centro Fino #60 Sungrowns. I paid a bit over retail but it's for charity. I ended up giving three of the sticks away before I left for the evening. I think I'll smoke one this afternoon while I watch football.

I was approached by a guy that was looking to trade his limited edition Opus X for my Limited edition Maximus. He said the Opus was just to strong for him. I took him up on the offer. I have several of the Maximus at home and it really didn't make a big difference to me. Gotta help a BOTL out when you can.

This got to be a pretty long post but I just wanted to describe what a great night it was. If there's another one next year, I'll be there.
rmarrandino
22 years ago
Yep, had a great time at the Downers Grove (Chicago), IL event.

I went with Penguin and Dkornaus. Lot's of drinks and smokes were shared. We met another BOTL who picked up our entire tab!!!! What more could you ask for?
Penguin13
22 years ago
You said it Rocco 🙂
I had a wonderful time and met some really nice people. Now, what to do with that OpusX and DC from the event...Hmmmmm......

KC
rmarrandino
22 years ago
Well, my Opus is already in a box with many armed guards. In another hours he will start his long journey overseas where I know he will be well taken care of.

I'm keeping the DC for myself....LOL
deadeyedick
22 years ago
I attended the event in Scottsdale, Az. The food was great and we went through a few cases of free red wines that paired well with the cigars.
I toasted with an Opus and Maximus I had brought for the occasion and will keep the two special editions for gifting later.
There was a silent auction for two boxes of Opus in larger sizes, Opus box purse, Opus lighted signs, etc.
The aroma of fine cigars shared with BOTL for a good cause will be remembered.

DED
chipslave
22 years ago
Rocky...

Mine is being shipped overseas with some armed guards and Fuente cousins as well. Hopefully we can reunite the two Opus' together for a happy family reunion 😉

Jay
chipslave
22 years ago
oops.. I meant Rocco... 🙂 1st cup of coffee....
rmarrandino
22 years ago
LOL @ Chipslave!!!


I wish I could be there for that family reunion....
chipslave
22 years ago
Amen brother!
Users browsing this topic