gorob23
  • gorob23
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
22 years ago

Question for all you, I gifted a buddy a DC 5 that I had stored for some time in my cabinet Humi and it was a little dry. Not bad mind you but we started taking. If I have a cabinet humi do I need to open the boxes of cigars or can I just put them into the Humidor and leave the lid closed?
Today I put a LCD meter in a box and have been checking it and so far it reads the same as the area outside of the box? Thanks for your opinion.
Rob
Robby
22 years ago
If the environment inside the box is 70/70 or 70/65 whatever your preference, it should make no difference wether you have the box open or closed. With the exception that I'm told the box should be opened once at least, i.e., break the seal to allow it to breathe a bit better and facilitate the off gassing of ammonia, etc... and make the aging process go more smoothly.
gorob23
  • gorob23
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
22 years ago
Ok Thanks lol not many checked in with this one huh? But The one gar box that I put the hygrometer in reads the same as the outside so I guess all is well:)
Users browsing this topic