AJ_CHICAGO
22 years ago
It would seem to me that the gases and amonia could not escape from a tubos encapsulated cigar and that it would not mellow with age like other cigars. Am I wrong in my thinking?
Da-Glyde
22 years ago
good question, dont know.

GIG'EM,

DAN
Homebrew
22 years ago
I remove the caps, and leave the tubes on, so they can breathe, but not get damaged while I am playing, Ahem, rotationg my sticks.
Later
Dave (A.K.A. Homebrew)
Penguin13
22 years ago
What Homie said 🙂

KC
eleltea
22 years ago
This is an excerpt from Steve Saka's answer:

... keep in mind that tubes can have an impact on the long-term aging of cigars. Cigars seem to age some in the tubes, but mostly this is due to most tubes not having a true seal. In an absolutely sealed environment, it is impossible for a cigar to have the necessary oxygen required for it to breath and age properly. You will note that on many tubes it is mentioned that a cigar will "remain fresh until opened" and, personally, I do not consider this an ultimately desirable goal. Tubes are great for protecting cigars for a few weeks, even months, outside of a humidor if they have a good seal, but if tubed cigars are to be kept longer and you wish to ensure that they age properly, I recommend you remove the end caps and place them in your humidor. With that said, I have smoked many tubos whose seals were intact for years and their cigars were quite tasty. But no matter what you do, always store tubed cigars in a humidor if you are going to keep them for any substantial length of time, because most seals are not perfect.
AJ_CHICAGO
22 years ago
Thanks alot. We be losin' the caps. Just makes sense.
bigjordo
22 years ago
what about on the ghurka's with the wax seal??
Users browsing this topic