sketcha
  • sketcha
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
22 years ago
O.K. what's the skinny? Anyone have an opinion on these?

Thanks
ajeroth
22 years ago
I havn't had them but at that price I'm taking a chance.

ajeroth
0patience
22 years ago
Dog gonnit, I was hoping someone had some insight on these.
It is a tough price to pass up.
Oh well, I am going for it. 🙂
limoric
22 years ago
Cheap = Dog Rocket, with few exceptions.
Steve*R
22 years ago
Think of it this way. You pay $12.50 for a bundle of 25 and enjoy them all...What a buy!!!

.................or..................


You pay $12.50 for a bundle of 25 cigars, smoke two, and realize there's a reason they're 50 cents each...ptooey!! Who wants 23 cigars for free?

The real cost $6.25 each, for each cigar you smoked.
0patience
22 years ago
Yeah, but not all of us are purists. 🙂
So I guess if we get 25 smokes that are tolerable for around the shop or yard work, we came out ok.
More often than not, I break a cigar when I am working on a dozer or excavator or I drop them from 20 feet up. So I would much rather do that to a cheapy, than a good one.
CanyonDVM
22 years ago
If they're decent lawn mowing smokes you win. If they'e terrible you have something to give to everyone that mooches tht you don't like. Tell them how great they are several times before you give the cheap skate one so they can't say anything. Maybe they'll think you have terrible taste and quit mooching.
THL
  • THL
  • Herf-A-Holic
22 years ago
Yeah, but I just don't have the room for lousy cigars any more. They start to take up more and more space bacause I don't smoke them and I don't want to give anyone a lousy cigar. Can't smoke 'em, can't throw them away. If they aren't endorsed by someone who's opinion I trust, I'm not buying them. To me, a bad cigar is never a good deal.
Steve*R
22 years ago
I'm with THL. If I know a cigar is a rocket, I can't, in good conscience, even give it to a moocher.

But, different strokes....different folks. Some will like these cigars and think they are a great value.
BeatDragon
22 years ago
Sketch,

I have only smoked one of these and all I can say is that I'd rather be a guitarist than smoke another one.

sketcha
  • sketcha
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
22 years ago
Thanks, guys.

That bad eh Beat? Well you didn't say Bassist so they can't be the worst cigars you've ever smoked. Finally, someone on this board who has actually smoked one of these.

Well stated, SteveR. I'm with you, THL and BeatDragon. I've got plenty of decent yard smokes. Hell, the Puros Indios Maduro and Sherpa Diablo specials get great reviews for around a buck. Yeah sure a buck is twice as much as $.50, but it's still just a buck for what appear to be much better sticks.

If you want yard sticks, try the Astral Favoritos. Now that I've got a box each of the natural and Maduro I can risk a recomendation driving the price up. = ) I'm also pretty satisfied with the Professor Silas for $.60.

To each his own.
Users browsing this topic