AZ-Ron
  • AZ-Ron
  • Connoisseur Topic Starter
22 years ago
I have a couple of buddies I smoke with regularly.The thing is... they refuse to inhale. I don't care personally, but I do inhale about 25% of the time when smoking a cigar. I feel I get a more true taste of the total flavor that the cigar has to offer.
So... give me your opinion ..
To inhale or not to inhale... that is the question..
AZ-Ron
voodoosooner
22 years ago
WOW! I am new to this whole cigar thing . Glad to see Im not the only one who doesnt inhale. Some bodies thought I was a dumb ass because of it.
voodoosooner
22 years ago
Also ....I have fallen in love in a sick sort of way with cigars. I am like some kind of mad bidder on this sight. I just want to try all of them. Any body have suggestions for me? Remember I am just starting,and dont want to get into the 7 to 10 dollar cigars just yet.
AZ-Ron
  • AZ-Ron
  • Connoisseur Topic Starter
22 years ago
anything but Buccanero....
Stay away from these!!!
:)
AZ-Ron
Slimboli
22 years ago
It's all in how you enjoy smoking your cigar.

Most will say that inhaling is not what cigar smoking is all about, that you really don't need to inhale to enjoy the taste of a good cigar. If you smoke (or have smoked) cigarettes ... inhaling is almost second nature.

BTW voodoosooner ... we try to keep the profanity down on these forums, as it is offensive to some folk here ... :^) ... check the 'Forum Rules and Conditions' if you are in question.
Gb
  • Gb
  • Connoisseur
22 years ago
Voodoo... do yourself a favor and use the search function on the message board for a lot of your questions. Many of them will have been asked time and time again. Do a quick search for...
newbies
bidding obsession (a lot of us started off fast and furious)
recommended cigars for newbies
overbidding
storage (cello on/off, tubo on/off, in or out of box)

any others I missed guys?

voodoosooner
22 years ago
sorry about the profanity. we all learn from our mistakes.
deadeyedick
22 years ago
Even those who "do not inhale" are inhaleing somewhat if they are enjoying the aroma of the smoke.
I don't think you can smoke a cigar without inhaleing at least 5%-10%. IMHO

DED
mrtelcom
22 years ago
I do not inhale either.
There are no sensory recepticles in your lungs, only the path to satisfy more nicotene addiction. I have no interest in adding the 'inhale' to my routine.
smelly4tay
22 years ago
Hey Voodoo,
I am also a newbie of about 3 weeks and you are in good hands. Follow previous advice of search options of boards, and just relax on the beach of CBid Ocean. The people and posts that I have come across on this site show me that these are some of the most genuine and generous people around. As far as your "addiction,"your not alone, and that is why there is a trade board, to further the excitement of this already amazing hobby. Not to mention you meet cool people from all over. Listen to me, talking like I run the place, "I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy".

I would just like to say that the people who maintain the CBid site and the designers need serious props. How easy they made it for the less intelligent like myself.
Happy Turkey to all,
Smelly D
(Dave)
smelly4tay
22 years ago
Oh yeah, there went my intelligence again, I smoked cigs for 6 years, then quit. Took up cigars, and I dont inhale. But my question is how many blow the smoke out or push the smoke out? hmmmm
originalgoat
22 years ago
No inhale - Push! Sometimes I exhale through the nose while pushing because I like the way it blows the top off of the pushed smoke cloud.
xibbumbero
22 years ago
Nope but I do smell a wiff of smoke from time to time during a smoke. X
SteveS
22 years ago
On about half the puffs I take, I like to "french inhale" ... that's done by releasing smoke from the mouth, drawn up through the nose and back out the mouth again, without drawing it into the lungs ...

and, btw ... if your learning to do this matches my experience, you'll choke more than a few times before you master the art ...
sherpamills
22 years ago
i do i know it is not recommended but i have been smoking for over 50 years started with cigaretts switched to cigars in the 60's never stopped inhaling probably will not stop until 6' under i never thought i would live this long i smoke anywhere from 5 to 10+a day and have for a LONG time it just depends on how long i am awake 02:00 03:00 and when i wake up 06:30 07:00 i light one when i get up i put one in the ash tray before i go to bed.
Slimboli
22 years ago
SteveS --- man, that must be some trick.

No matter how hard I try the 'french inhale' ... some of it goes into my lungs.

How are you able to have smoke in your mouth that you are pushing out to your nose, and then drawing that smoke into your nostrils ... and then back into your mouth ... bypassing your lungs?

... I say it can't be done ... 😉
JonR
22 years ago
I did not have sex with that women. Oh ooops as a former cigarete smoker I sometimes inhale a few puffs per cigar for old times sake. However in my pot smoking days I never inhaled. JonR
AZ-Ron
  • AZ-Ron
  • Connoisseur Topic Starter
22 years ago
LOL Jon!!!
Love the honesty
AZ-Ron
Lowman
22 years ago
No inhale...

Low
osage
22 years ago
Come on Slim... I have seen a lot worse than Dumb A on this site and you have failed to comment.
Users browsing this topic