jdobson
  • jdobson
  • Connoisseur Topic Starter
22 years ago
With all the talk around here about 858 SGs, I decided to give the Chateau black band a try tonight. What a wonderful smoke it was!

It had the perfect bit of spiciness backed by tons of flavor. And the smoke, my god, the smoke! Thick and creamy when I pulled on it and it just billowed off of the tip. This had to be one of the smokiest cigars I ever had. The only fault was that it ended too quickly.

How similar is this smaller size to the 858s?
tonester666
22 years ago
Not very IMO. Try the Dbl Chat SG. Very good and lasts much longer than the Chat. One of the few cigars I buy by the box.
al'Thor
22 years ago
I've actually never had a Chateau - but I have had the belicoso and the double chateau - both seemed fuller in body than the 858 and less complex (the chateau should be similar), the flavor profile of the 858 was so amazing - also I think the size allows just the right amount of smoke to fully appreciate the flavors without overpowering...oops, lapsing into CA talk......here's the al'Thor answer - 858SG is better...
chipslave
22 years ago
Yoo hoo, Ethan...

Just got some more 858SG's in. I think they want to come out and play with you 😉
tonester666
22 years ago
I wish I could buy the 858 by the box.
Users browsing this topic