raven01
  • raven01
  • Connoisseur Topic Starter
22 years ago
has any one tried the gurka cent.double xs'and if you have how are they? I never tried one but they sound good what do you think
tonester666
22 years ago
I have 3 but can't bring myself to smoke them. I know Hensed really likes them.

That's a heck of a deal they are offering.
AJ_CHICAGO
22 years ago
Will someone burn one and let us know? I like mild to medium and have heard that most Gurkhas are. I have never had a Gurkha myself. Fairly new in the BOTL, but my new 300 ct. humi and my 50 ct. backup both runneth over and there just ain't no room!
xibbumbero
22 years ago
I find these to be medium+ in strength with a straight forward taste. Not overly complicated but enjoyable none the less. These are the best Gurkha I've had,although I've not had the 8yr aged Gurkha. I don't think I'll be bidding on the special as I just have too many cigars as it is and it's $199. X
choner
22 years ago
I love these Gurkhas, one of the best smokes I have had.

choner
docrks
22 years ago
This is a DELICIOUS cigar
- pricey
- but a real nice and tasty smoke
Mild to Medium strength - beautifully constructed - but still has some real complexity to the flavor - not the flat and tastless profile that I found in many of the milder " domestic" offerings.
DocRKS
SteveR@CigarBid
22 years ago
mild? wow. this cigar has knocked me on my butt on several occasions. it starts full, then mellows into a medium bodied smoke, then builds back into full as it tapers back down. when full, it reminds me of a bolivar isom.

but that's just me 😉
rdk
  • rdk
  • Connoisseur
22 years ago
This was my after Turkey smoke. I had managed to wait two weeks after I got them to try one. It was great with a little Remy Martin. Started strong all kinds of flavor filled the house with smoke. I had to remind my mother in law that I make the payments and this was way too good a cigar to waste in the cold. As others have stated it mellowed in the middle AND FINISHED WITH A BANG. I like some of the other Gurkhas but this war by far the best one I have smoked. Ranks in my top 10. You will know you have smoked a cigar when you finish this bad boy. Only bad news thats one down and 13 to go.
Steve*R
22 years ago
So, I'm thinking...how would I spend $200.00 on myself...this 2fer Gurkha deal or Habanos Ramon Allones Specially Selected - box 25, "Robusto cigar full of flavours, aroma and strong. Hand made of fabrication." Vitola 4 7/8"x 50 Robusto Wood box 25 cigars 164,00 Euros=196.73U$D

What's the better choice?
What's the better deal?

But then for the same $200.00, I could also get 30 Partagas D4s.....

What's a guy to do???


HockeyDad
22 years ago
The Gurkhas have already cleared US Customs!
Steve*R
22 years ago
HockeyDad has it nailed!

You notice my operative word, "would."

As I wrote, in this forum, about a year ago, following the shooting death of a young acquaintance's nineteen-year-old sister, by Castro's thugs, as she tried to leave Cuba via a fishing boat, I stopped buying Cuban cigars. You never if it's your cigar dollars that bought the bullet.
timhampton
22 years ago
I really like Gurkha. But, I like Ashton VSG much more for that kind of money. As far as Cuban Cigars, I don't think I have even seen one other than in pic's.

Tim
gorob23
22 years ago
I still don't know what 2 fer your talking about ???
AVB
  • AVB
  • Aficionado
22 years ago
You have plenty of time to think about it. it's not like people are jumping all over this deal. Make it $175 without the silly golf ball cabinet and it would do much much better.
wer
  • wer
  • Herf-A-Holic
22 years ago
AVB, my sentiments exactly regarding the silly golf ball cabinet.
gorob23
22 years ago
Trish I'm hurt..you stopped sending me these email specials?? I'm bidiing as best I can, those four little people insist on eating darn it all.

gorob23 at yahoo dot com
Users browsing this topic