jazzman
  • jazzman
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
22 years ago
I've heard a few people compare the Davidoff to Opus X in flavor and quality. Anybody that has tried both have an opinion? I have 2 robustos(Davidoff), but I haven't tried one yet. Hmmmm...today might be a good day. Maybe while the Cowboys are beating the Dolphins.
xibbumbero
22 years ago
Jazzman,both are good but IMO FFOX's be gooder. Taking into consideration the comparison is between Robusto's. X
deadeyedick
22 years ago
Have not had that Davidoff yet but sure do love those FFOX. Seems to be much eaiser to find the Davidoff's locally.

DED
jd1
  • jd1
  • Herf-A-Holic
22 years ago
I would give the slight nod to the Opus because of the strength and full bodied flavor, given that you had some put away. Each have a very nice complexity; however, the Opus IMHO needs to rest a little more before it develops. The DM appears to have it off the shelf. If I didn't have an Opus stash to turn to, I'd pick the DM...but it would be a tough decision! OK, OK, get both!
Steve*R
22 years ago
I have a similar situation to deal with. I can't make up my mind whether to have dinner with Salma Hayek or Jolene Blaylock. Salma's a bit more mature, but Jolene has such youthful exuberance.

Say...maybe I don't have to make a choice. I can take two naps.
raven01
22 years ago
I have tried both and davidoff mill.compares with the opus xx nicely,You can;t go wrong with either one,so go by wich one you can get cheaper.
Da-Glyde
22 years ago
Got to be the davidoff, even at close to 15 bucks a pop i would pick them every time to the X but then again davidoffs and ashtons are my fav. if you can get X at a good price like RETAIL try it and if i am sure you will like the better of the two anyway the davidoff!!! HAHA JJ

GIG'Em,

DAn
dbguru
22 years ago
Never tried the Davidoff, but got one gifted to me a few weeks ago. This thread has got me ready to give it a shot, maybe this weekend!!
docrks
22 years ago
Both outstanding smokes - I find the Davi a little fuller and richer - that Sun Grown CT Wrapper used in the Mills really leaves an aroma and after taste that lingers after the cigar has given its all.
Around my part of the Country - the Davidoff Mils are also a lot easier to get at MSRP - there doesn't seem to be the price gouging craze that some folks seem to get away with in the Opus X line.
But - as stated - both are excellent - and different smokes.
Users browsing this topic