mkraus47
22 years ago
Alright guys and gals its been a long time since I was a newbie (about 8 years or so) and I cannot remember what was seen as "mild" to a new smoker. I am charged with getting a box of smokes for my best friend's bachelor party and I am afraid that what I like might be a bit too full flavored for guys not used to smoking. Any ideas for me? What boxes would you buy? Macanudo? Fuente (regular)? Thanks!! MK
chipslave
22 years ago
I would say it depends on how much you are able (or willing) to spend. Most bachelor parties I have been to in the past have included either Macanudo Hampton Court or Hyde Parks (both can be had for well under $100). If it was up to me though, I would get some H Upmann Monarch Tubes.

Just my .02 😉
smelly4tay
22 years ago
Helix, Excalibur epicure, Hyde Park, R&J Reserve Maduro(a little oomph), and for the eye-poppers....it's gotta be Torano Reserve Select. The overall consistency of all of these have treated me right when I needed a mild. I have also heard that the Buc crew is great for the price, but I have a very hard time finding them. Hope this helps. Have a great party.
SmellyD
(Dave)
smithbw
22 years ago
Mild cigars? Hmmm...Depends on how much you are willing to spend.

Diamond Crown
Ashton
AVO
Uriah Heef
22 years ago
Baccarat are mild about 3 bucks a stick and sugar tipped.
SwimNaked
22 years ago
Baccarat... the first box of cigars I ever bought.
jrc9414
22 years ago


Might I suggest something in a tube...lap dances are tough on cigars in cello.

HockeyDad
22 years ago
Penthouse Selection. No really, they exist and they're not bad.
JonR
22 years ago
Yo mkraus47: Astral is a good mild and well constructed cigar that is not too pricey. You might want to check out Astral TVS ( mild - medium ). JonR
Slimboli
22 years ago
Keep in mind also ... that most there won't even remember smoking a cigar ... 😉
deadeyedick
22 years ago
Maybe you should invite a few Cuban Honeys to the party. AVO is my choice.

DED
JonR
22 years ago
Yo mkraus47: C-Bid has 2 boxes of Astral Phoenix 7/52 up for bid, you might want to check it out. JonR
THL
  • THL
  • Herf-A-Holic
22 years ago
Pardon the semi-thread jack but....JonR.....you think that Astral TVS is mild? They kick my butt almost as much as a JDNA. I usually favor medium to fuller flavor cigars; ie: Hoyo and Punch oscuros, Partagas Black, Oliva M, etc. Astral TVS makes me feel like I just got off of the "Round-Up" at Hershey Park.
snowwolf777
22 years ago
I agree with Slim. Unless you have some regular cigar smokers there, Maxim's de Paris would probably suffice. Impress the heck out of them - tell 'em you paid a fortune for them. Most will believe you, at least until the next morning.

If you're looking to go a steop up and stay mild, Macs, RYJ's, or Leon J's.
Gb
  • Gb
  • Connoisseur
22 years ago
Along the same lines as Slim, there will be a bunch of people who will smoke an inch and let it go. Not to sound like a cheap ****, but would you want to spend a bunch of money on cigars and watch half of them go to waste? I brought a bunch of cigars to a wedding I was attending and with that in mind, I bought a cheap bundle of Don Mateo and a handful premiums for those who knew the difference and could appreciate them. I have no problem giving good cigars to people, but I don't want to just throw them away.
sketcha
22 years ago
My father-in-law likes Gurkha Expeditions. I think they may fit the occasion.
mrkmitch
22 years ago
What Slim and Gb said,
Grab a 50 bundle of Don Asa, very inexpensive mild Dominican blend. No one will care what they smoked the next day, and those that only smoke-an-inch, you wont feel so bad about pitching the stoggie. Worked for a July 4 party this past summer.
arwings
22 years ago
Don Asa and any Astral in the natural wrapper, i.e., favoritos.
Users browsing this topic