wallster
22 years ago
Hello all,
I have been purchasing sticks on here for about a 4 months and really haven't used the message area. So here it goes. Here are my favorite sticks that I most frequent smoke:

TTT Trinidad
Por Larranaga H2000
Punch Grand Cru Maduro

Any comments or comparisons to these sticks?

welcome all feedback,

Wallster
docrks
22 years ago
You really NEED to add some offerings from PADRON into your list - start with the 3000, 4000 or 5000 Maddies --- some of the best around and a great bargain for the quality you will be experiencing. These are awesome ----- then for a Christmas treat - jump on the Padron Anniversario Maduro Serie 1964 Torpedo and Imperials -- a great Holiday is guaranteed.
wallster
22 years ago
Doc, I have tried PADRON on two occasions and both I have been unable to finish the sticks... They have a off taste too me, maybe I happened to draw two bad ones? But first time I had just finished a cuban romeo-julieta, and second right after smoking a Cuban Parjero.... So I will try PADRON one more time.

Wallster
rmarrandino
22 years ago
Wallster,

Your taste will change over time. When I first started smoking the Padron's were too harsh for me. Now they are smooth as silk.

Listen to the Doctor and take your medicine.
rdk
  • rdk
  • Connoisseur
22 years ago
Welcome Wallster I am still kinda new to the forum myself but I have been hooked on cbid for about a year. Great advice on the padrons. I don't think you can go wrong with them. You might want to try some of the Gurkhas some people do not like them but the conn. wrapper ones are vey smooth and mild but still have some flavors you can taste. I would also recomend about anything Carlos Torano touches.
dz130
22 years ago
Wallster
Try the Padrons first. That way your pallette is clean, and not tainted by the taste of another cigar.
Also, Bucanero!
dbguru
22 years ago
I've really enjoyed Punch Gran Cru and remember an okay time with a Por Laranga. A couple of friends on mine speak highly of the Trinidad, I have yet to try them.

As far as the Padrons are concerned, I need to chime in with my BOTL that love em. They are marvelous. When I first started smoking them, I had some experience with some freshly bought Londres and Palmas that were harsh for the first few puffs and then they settled down and always finished well. However what I've really found is that aging Padrons at least a year is one of the most rewarding experiences you can smoke. I sat dowm recently with a 2000 aged in my humi for almost 2 years and was smoking vanilla creme with coffe overtones. Wow!!! I have 2 boxes of Churchills bought earlier this year that wont be opened until mid next year. I've no smoked at least 300 Padrons in the last 3 years and from the lowly Fumas to the Anni 1926s I have yet to have a bad one. Age them and let your taste buds mature a bit and then try em.
wallster
22 years ago
Okay okay, please let go of my arm!!! I am going to the Casino tonight and I will stop off at my local stick shop and pick a couple up. Any suggestions on what type of PADRON to pick up tonight????

Wallster
dz130
22 years ago
wallster
22 years ago
Hey dz I just got back from the cigar shop and here's what I got for my blackjack playing tonight: Padron 2000 Maduro, Punch Grand Cru Maduro, and Opus X I think these sticks should hold me over. I will smoke the Padron first!!!! Wish me luck!!!

Wallster
Charlie
22 years ago
Try CAO's and Perdomos! They are both great lines of cigars and offer a nice variety!

C
raven01
22 years ago
Welcome ,Stick with the trinidads a bit pricey but one of my favorites,try montcristo white labels too,but just smoke what you like and keep an open mind to new smokes.
snowwolf777
22 years ago
Put the X away and let it sleep until New Year's Eve. I would second the advice about Padrons. If the X sets well with you, try Fuente's Hemingway line.
gorob23
22 years ago
lao Doc that is quiet a jump the PAM '64
Anything AF
Bauza
ERDM
LGC
ISOM Partagas Series D No4.

Crap too many to name I guess. Rob
gorob23
22 years ago
lmao Doc that is quiet a jump the PAM '64
Anything AF
Bauza
ERDM
LGC
ISOM Partagas Series D No4.

Crap too many to name I guess. Rob
smithbw
22 years ago
Opus X
Diamnod Crown
Ashton VSG
El Rico Habano
ERDM
La Gloria Cubano Series R
XXO
AF - Already Mentioned - Like to Highlight the 858 SG and the Rosada


Plus what Doc said...


Regards,



B
Users browsing this topic