gvlagos
  • gvlagos
  • Connoisseur Topic Starter
22 years ago
Many may think you have been bombed, but i think this is quite possibly the most insane bomb EVER. As some of you may know, in the trade part of the forum there was a newbie sampler. The deal was, a newbie gets matched up with a veteran cigar smoker. They ask you what kind of cigars you have liked in your short time of smoking, and then they make a sampler for you. They try to give you a lot of good cigars and fill a wide range of smokes. So i got paired up with jdouglas. The deal was, he was going to put together a killer 8 cigar sampler for me, and in return i was going to send him 4 premium smokes that he likes..well...guess how many cigars came in the mail today from jdouglas....just take a wild guess...24.. YES TWENTY FOUR CIGARS. And none of them were cheap cigars!! I think the lowest value cigar was still over $4!!!!!!!!!!! This was unbelievable for me seeing as how the most expensive cigar i have ever had was a $5 cigar! And not only were there 24 amazing cigars, but four of them were HABANAS! THE REAL DEAL! I'm currently borrowing a friends extra humidor to store all of these great sticks! When i opened up the box, my heart literally skipped a beat. I was in shock. I really could not believe what i was seeing. There was a zino in there, multiple Diamond Crowns, a Bucanero, some sosas, CAO's and AVOs just to mention a few of the gems in there.
So now...how do i feel! Like a jerk! I sent him his 4 cigars along with a personal favorite of mine as a bonus stick. Now i know, that when you guys say you have been bombed, it's probably more than just 1 stick. I guess i learned... i now know how to trade, and every trade from now on, i will definitely be more generous. And jdouglas..when the cashflow is a little better, you will have some nice smokes coming your way again. I can't say thank you enough! WOW!
-George
extended note...you're probably wondering what i smoked...well i couldn't wait, although maybe i should have kept them in the humi a while, i needed to light up some of these. So, i had a Monte Cuban at mid afternoon, and this evening i had a Bucanero...amazing cigars. I am one happy smoker 🙂
jd1
  • jd1
  • Herf-A-Holic
22 years ago
Awesome job jdouglas! Now that's what it's all about!! Mega Hooah!!
dz130
22 years ago
tonester666
22 years ago
You will find many very generous people on these boards. I suggest you buy a sweater box, cooler or something similar and make a cheap dor. There are many threads that walk you through creating one.

cooksta2
22 years ago
ahhh yes another victim of the tobacco fuel bomb. It is true, these boards are full of generous people that only wish to extend the brotherhood of the leaf. Enjoy it! I am still searching for the person that bombed me a year ago so I can retaliate.
rmarrandino
22 years ago
WTG John!!!!!!!!!
...cigman
22 years ago
Welcome to the Brotherhood, George!

Job well done, John!

...cigman
Users browsing this topic