statelandman
22 years ago
It seems the Kelner seconds are no longer available on C-bid except with the humidor special sampler.
Does anyone know - are the "Mistakes" by Kelner the same cigars as the Kelner seconds that used to be offered here?
statelandman
22 years ago
Never mind. Got my answer from Customer Service.
KNOF
22 years ago
So please indulge in your info from Customer Service. Trish at CBid didn't tell me that. She said she didn't know where to get the Kelner Seconds, then a couple days later we saw them in the CI magazine we got in the mail.

Them Kelner Seconds are very smooth and tasty!

Thanks,
Knof
ajeroth
22 years ago
I found the Kelner Seconds to be a little to peppery for me... What are they supposed to be seconds from again?

ajeroth
statelandman
22 years ago
Trish said:
"The two cigars are different blends. The Mistakes were blended to be a copy of a famous brand (which I’m not allowed to mention) but the wrapper was too dark. This is why we call them ’Mistakes’. The Kelner Seconds are actually cigars with slight imperfections in the wrappers."
Rumors abound as to the true origin of the Kelner Seconds. Some folks claim they are Avo's. Others say no way they are Avo's.
All I know is they are delicious and make a perfect lunchtime smoke.
tonester666
22 years ago
I guess I need to try these.
statelandman
22 years ago
Highly recommended for the price. Just don't bid when you see "J.P. from Carmichael, CA" on the board ahead of you, okay?
:)
coda
22 years ago
I've read that the Kelner Seconds are going to be sold in the future as "Special Blends" by Alec Bradley. I suspect that they may also sell at a higher price.. the seconds were probably getting too popular.

The CI Mistakes are a very different cigar... I cut open the last two inches of a Mistakes churchill the other day and found short filler. And they don't taste or smoke nearly as well as the Seconds.
Messier11
22 years ago
Ohhhh...I recently picked up a couple of the Special Blends here(FL). I thought they were very good for the price. Cheap!!!!
statelandman
22 years ago
I found a source for the "Special Blends". If anyone wants it, email me at
porterj at
slc
dot
ca
dot
gov
Steve*R
22 years ago
I also heard that the Kelner Seconds are now being marketed as Special Blends by Alec Bradley.

I've only seen them advertised by a couple of vendors. I was extremely surprised to see that one of the sizes of the Special Blends, a very rare 6 x 41 figurado, is exactly the same size as the Davidoff Special B. I don't recall seeing a shaped cigar in that size by any other manufacturer.

Given that these are made by Henkie Kelner in the Davidoff factory, one might speculate that these are Davidoff Special seconds, but I really don't know.
xibbumbero
22 years ago
The Special B is listed as 5.5x41 and the SB lists a 6x41. I wonder if they just add the .5 to kinda throw a person off the scent trail. BTW how do these match up on the strength scale? X
statelandman
22 years ago
Haven't tried them, but a well-known retailer rates the flavor of the Davidoff Special B as "Full" on their site.
statelandman
22 years ago
Still trying to figure out what these various Alec Bradley Special Blends are.
Davidoff makes a Special T which is described as
36/52. What does that equate to in traditional ring size?
Steve*R
22 years ago
X: I'm puzzled. I just went to a few sites and the Special B is listed as 5.5 x 41 at some and "Davidoff Special B Weight 6" Ring 41" at others. The vendor carrying the Bradley Special Blends notes that the Special B is a 6 x 41.
So, I'm not sure???

Other than the new Millenium, I don't think the profile of any of the Davidoffs is more than medium in strength.
Da-Glyde
22 years ago
http://www.davidoffmadison.com/acb/stores/1/index.asp 

that will have all the RIGHT sizes straight from davidoff. They make my fav. cigars and nothing comes close not even pam or pan.
Steve*R
22 years ago
Thanks to Da-Glyde: I checked the site and they do list the Special B as 5.5 x 41. $300+ a box, ouch.

So the Bradley Specials may or may not be Davidoff seconds. I really doubt that they are, purely because of price point. Da-Glyde, if you're sufficiently experienced with the Davidoff Special B, I hope you'll get a sample of the Bradley Special 6 x 41 and give us a review and comparison.
Steve*R
22 years ago
Whoa...I was just informed of a site that has the 6 x 41 at $30.00 for a 25 ct. bundle. That's 10% of the Davidoff price for the Special B. I guess it rather diminishes the possibility that it's a Special B second, but why would any manufacturer go to the expense of rolling an odd size like a 6 x 41 belicoso? I'm puzzled.
osage
22 years ago
Davidoff did not want Kellner to sell these as Davidoff seconds. They changed them to Special Blend. From what I can tell they are the same.
coda
22 years ago
It makes me warm that I have 50 Kelner Seconds in my sweaterdoor. I may have bought two of the last few bundles offered on cbid.

It was the first cigar I liked enough to buy a bundle of. You never forget your first.
Users browsing this topic