smithbw
  • smithbw
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
22 years ago
At the risk of sounding like a complete idiot - I am going to ask a serious question that I need assistance with. After you are done laughing - please - help me to identify a Hemmingway Classic SG.

The best that I can remember; Hemingway Classic, Black Band, 7.00 X 48 and the wrapper is very dark almost black.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,


B
mrtelcom
22 years ago
There is no difference in packaging/labeling between a natty and a sungrown - just the darker wrapper (Same is true for the Maduro).

Unless you have a box 🙂, then the felt inlay is black instead of red, and it has the usual AF sungrown sticker on the side.
mrtelcom
22 years ago
Oh, and they smoke different 🙂, very different.
smithbw
  • smithbw
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
22 years ago
Thanks Mr. T!
xibbumbero
22 years ago
I think the one you have may also have SG on the cello. X
smithbw
  • smithbw
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
22 years ago
X - The one that you sent me does have SG 01 written on the Cello. I am 100% sure that this one is the Hemmi Classic SG.

However, I am comparing that one to the other ones that I have and for the life of me I can't tell a difference. They are all the same size and dark in color.

Don't wanna say that this is a Hemmi Classic SG if it isn't.
mrtelcom
22 years ago
I got a sealed box from a contest winner, they did not have anything on the cello.
Slimboli
22 years ago
If X sends them, he will us a black 'Sharpie' to tell the recipient what the wrapper is, bless his heart ...

Billy, they are almost indistinguishable from each other, except for the taste. Color will vary greatly from one SG to another ...
smithbw
  • smithbw
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
22 years ago
Slim - that is "Exactly" what I am afraid of...Should have marked em right away.

Oh, well live and learn. Thanks for all the help!

Regards,


B

choner
22 years ago
I have two of these SG and marked them with a sharpie as soon as I got them. I got them from Chris, and he said there is no real difference in the appearance, so you gonna have to smoke it to tell. Enjoy!

choner
choner
22 years ago
Oh, and I got some Untold Stories Maduro, and they are very dark. but my SG is no even as dark as the Maduro.

choner
mrtelcom
22 years ago
I put a 5 pack of cammies in the sg box during an evening of cigar box tetris, and it is kind of hard to tell, but I know which are which because they are on the top row, I see your dilemma.

Think of it this way, You get to give your taste buds a final exam.
Will the real SG please stand up??
smithbw
  • smithbw
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
22 years ago
You have all been great...

Thanks for the help!

Regards,


B
rudy1946
22 years ago
The Classic Maduro and the Classic Maduro Sungrown are almost impossible to tell apart. The Classic Sungrown has the same box label that the 858 Sungrown and the 858 Rosado sungrown have "Natural Sun Grown". I use little stickers "SG" to tell the difference. But I think the Sharpie is the way to go.


Rudy
Users browsing this topic