trackguy7
22 years ago
Hi everyone. I am a new smoker here and I bought a five pack of 5 Vegas sapmler (curchill, robusto, corona ect) and I was just woundering what you guys think of 5 Vegas cigars?

I have tried Macanudos and they taste pretty plain and mild to me. I like Saint Luis Reys
Steve*R
22 years ago
I recall that some time ago, a CI/Cbid rep commented that, day-in/day-out, 5 Vegas was one of their best selling brands. If that's the case, there must be many people who like them and continue to buy them.

I like Kiki Berger's cigars, of which 5 Vegas is one, but I prefer his lines where the strength is kicked up a notch...such as the new Cuban Crafters, J.L. Salazar, and Savinelli Nicaraguan Reserve.
Cigarick
22 years ago
I like 'em. More flavorful than the Mac's, but not as expensive as your top-shelf sticks. One of my everyday, go to cigars.
xrundog
22 years ago
They're okay.
mpingree
22 years ago
One of my favorites as well. Lot's of folks don't care for them, they are certainly an everyday smoke for me !!
tonester666
22 years ago
great for the price.
coma-one
22 years ago
5 Vegas are a decent smoke!! I don't like the DBL Corona size, too large, but the smaller sizes are okay. They are mild and not complex at all, but for what you paid for they are good. I keep a hand full of these, but it all comes down to pallete
BeatDragon
22 years ago
A good morning with yer coffee smoke. Also a decent hand out smoke for the occaisional smoker.
sketcha
22 years ago
The Torps are the best, but they're all O.K.

They're shipped a little young so give 'em 6 mos. if you can.
castlewa
22 years ago
I don't care for any of the 5 Vegas (I don't like the construction or lack of flavor). I am aging a few though and will go back and give them a try in about a year.
KNOF
22 years ago
I see when I tried them, they were young and I didn't let them rest. My taste wasn't for the Dbl. Corona, or one other size, but everyones taste is different. Yes, SteveR was right about a past post. Thats what caught my eye, but I was dissapointed. They make great smokes to give to friends, and my boss loved all that I gave him.

There are sooooo many decent smokes out there for a good price it takes time for you to find what you like. Then you can start making your own Go To List. I'm still new to so much on here, but after a year or so, I do have a nice Go To List.

Knof
rdk
  • rdk
  • Connoisseur
22 years ago
Good smoke for the money. Mild burn goood. I agree with some of the others torps are the best.
jluv97
22 years ago
I like em, they're inexpensive and are very reliable
ajeroth
22 years ago
I didn't like them at all... I like the Zelo de Cuba's better...

ajeroth
sketcha
22 years ago
O.K., I just had a torp with at least 6 mos. on it.

Perfect burn, ample smoke, stayed lit very well during construction breaks at my remodel house.

Very mild. Too mild for me. Good for beginners and once-in-a-great-while friends.
sketcha
22 years ago
P.S. Low buzz factor. I'm lighting up something else to get me going. = )
La10870
22 years ago
I have some with about 3 years rest on them and they are extermely tasty. Medium body...I think I paid about $25 and I think they are a lonsdale, probably about 6 x 46 ??? CI Crojo and Savinelli Seconds are the only cigars that come close (for me) in that price range. The Indian Tabac Fires are pretty decent too. We smoked a box !!! of them at the Falcons talegate Sunday nite and then watched Michael Vick smoke the Panthers!
jd1
  • jd1
  • Herf-A-Holic
22 years ago
On my way up to fuller bodied smokes, the 5-vegas torp was in my line-up, then only in the morning on occassion, then not any more. I've only had the torp, not the rest. I posted a pic once but can't find it.
dbguru
22 years ago
I started to smoke on a more regular basis about 3 years ago. One of the first brands I truly enjoyed for a while were the 5 Vegas Double Coronas. Then I tried some of the other sizes and never had the same enjoyment that the Double Coronas give me. I have one humidor at home that has nothing but 5 Vegas Coronas, Double Coronas and Pyramids in it, all with 1 to 3 years of age on them. I still love the Doubles but the other sizes are just marginal to my taste buds.

Tazziedevil
22 years ago
I've also found that get a little better with some aging. Give 'em about 6 months and they become a whole other stick.
Users browsing this topic