nilro
  • nilro
  • Enthusiast Topic Starter
22 years ago
... how would it be different from all the other Cigar Shops around? What would you have in yours, that others don't!
puskarich
22 years ago
Good question.

I'd like to combine a cigar shop, coffee house, and bookstore. Nice smokes, comfy chairs to sit in, and good stuff to read. Something with a pleasant and welcome atmosphere.

To be honest, I love my local's shop. It is in the mall, so I have a place to hang out and smoke while the girlfriend goes shopping. Sort of an "Island" atmosphere with palm trees, music, etc. Nice tables and chairs to sit in. Awesome coffee and other non-alcoholic drinks. I'd be sad if they went out of business. I'm there once or twice a week if I'm not out of town. Perfect place to smoke in the winter months.
xibbumbero
22 years ago
coma-one
22 years ago
Penguin13
22 years ago
LOL @ X
So when is your shop opening X and will you have a 2 fer one deal?

KC
hoagie55
22 years ago
I don't have a cigar shop with a large area to smoke in so that would be the first thing I would add. They only have a few chairs and one sofa.

I would invest in 8-10 comfy leather chairs as well as several leather couches, a large screen tv, dvd player, a small library of dvd movies, a nice stereo system, a cooler with a large array of drinks, a small hunting, fishing, and cigar related library for the sportsman, a coffee bar, and some really nice looking female staff that has been educated on cigar ettiquite and had excellent cigar knowledge.

Matt
JonR
22 years ago
I would fill my store with the best super premiums and cuban cigars and then I would put a sign in the window stating " ALL CIGARS $200.00 DOLLARS ". LOL JonR
Gb
  • Gb
  • Connoisseur
22 years ago
My local shop had a place to sit and smoke, along with a great selection... but what it doesn't have is a good ventilation system. If there are 3-4 people in there smoking, you can hardly see.

But I like the smoke/coffee shop ideas above.
jd1
  • jd1
  • Herf-A-Holic
22 years ago
LMAO at X; and I want to see what the "bundles" go for...more "bang" for my buck, you see...
smelly4tay
22 years ago
I can see it now......"Smokin' Frogs" on the corner of Dogrocket Blvd.
KNOF
22 years ago
Would those be Cuban Hookers X?

ROFLMAO!!!

Knof
jd1
  • jd1
  • Herf-A-Holic
22 years ago
KNOF
22 years ago
fghfbnvtuirekjdfn OUCH!!!
I hit my head on the keyboard with that one.
ROFLMCAO!!!

Knof
eleltea
22 years ago
LMAO @ X. Always has his mind on food.
xibbumbero
22 years ago
Yes..yes...Cuban hookers...all virgin's guaranteed. Well....maybe used only twice. X
Dizturbduh
22 years ago
you are definitely on to something here, and your ideas are excellant. It is very hard for a woman to break into the cigar biz...unless its a restaurant cigar bar..and then you have to dress like Hef's bunnies and frankly too bimbo for me, as some customers are actually ladies, and they dont really want to see all that skin...but ideally to me a cigar lounge with lots of overstuffed chairs, and gaming tables for the members is the way to go!!
dbguru
22 years ago
I love the Bunny Idea.... but I think it needs updating... Maybe a nice tropical flowery mid length wrap around skirt and a casual slightly plunging, midruff revealing collared top for the gals and a nice shirt with the same tropical theme for the guys with matching bermuda shorts. Definitely a table level bar with comfy swivel chairs. Several tables on the floor, an area for acouple dart boards and a couple of games tables (backgammon/cards) One sharp looking Lady and one sharp looking man behind the bar serving booze and Cigars. Nice looking waitresses. A walk in humdor of course. Good scotch, congnac, beer, tequila .... Sports and headphones if you want to hear the sports.
bigjordo
22 years ago
i thought about this one time, came up with a great idea, itd be a 2 story building with 3 arms, on the first floor the first arm would be a bowling alley, the second arm a shooting range, and the 3rd a pool hall, upstairs would be the bars, cigars for sale throughout....
osage
22 years ago
Most of the guys at the tobacco store I go to don't read that many books. lol! The book readers would probably complain about the secondhand smoke and so on.
billyjackson
22 years ago
Ideally, I'd like a cigar bar. Good humidor with sitting areas conducive to herfing and watering.

More realistic for me would be a cigar/liquor store that carried good to great lines of both product. I know you have to sell McCormick's and National Brand, but I'd have to be in a location that bought AF, CAO, Ashton VSG, etc was well as the good liquor.

But I don't know a damn thing about business nor would I ever have the capital to start anything like that.
Users browsing this topic