al'Thor
  • al'Thor
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
22 years ago
Didn't search this - too lazy - so come get me Slim, if this has been discussed. Does anyone know the difference between tobacco used for pipes and that for cigars? I know cigarette tobacco is the crap off the floors from the Lone Wolf factories, (actually, its not even that good) - but what's up with pipe tobacco? I have a friend who smokes a pipe and he gets his tobaccy from England, Balkans, Virginia, etc - its all chopped and shriveled, but seems fermented and stored w/ a similir humidity and temp. and smells WAY different than most cigars. So, anyone know about this stuff?
rasdas
22 years ago
Tried smoking a pipe once 'cause i loved the way the pipe tobacco smelled...but could not for the life of me keep the pipe lit...

Ohh...what was your question...

RasDas

Joe
Cigarick
22 years ago
I smoke both, but I've never looked into the growing/processing differences between the two. You have to be into the 'ritual' of pipe smoking. It takes quite a bit more fiddling about than cigars do, and a helluva lot more than cigs, but then it smells better than both, as well. My experience is that a lot of cigarette smokers hate cigar smoke, but a lot of non-smokers like pipe tobacco smoke.
Users browsing this topic