mroptimistic
22 years ago
I went to a local smoke shop and asked if they had anything like humi-disks or anything and he gave me these small metal disks that say dip in water and wipe dry.

Its made by atmos Prod. Co. And its called something like Humydrle or Humydile (ts written in weird font so can only make out Humyd---).

Anyway point of the post, does anybody know about these things. Mainly after wetting them how long they will last before they need rewetting.

Thanks in advance for any responses.
arwings
22 years ago
What you have may be entirely different but when I was a pipe smoker I used to use something like what you're describing as a tobacco pouch humidifier. It has a disk of porous clay inside the metal that will absorb moisture and slowly release it. I bought slightly larger versions to keep in my pipe tobacco humidors. If we're talking about the same thing, while it did well with preventing pipe tobacco from drying out, I don't think it would be precise enough to maintain cigars. Also, as far as I know it didn't absorb moisture. Just released it as the tobacco got drier.
mroptimistic
22 years ago
Thanks for the reply. If it is the same thing hopefully it will be enough to hold a few cigars a couple weeks in a small container as long as I make sure to give it enough water.
Slimboli
22 years ago
mroptimistic --- you can put as many cigars that will fit in a small Tupperware container ...

... and you really don't need to do anything else, and they will be OK for a couple of weeks.
Users browsing this topic