osuride
  • osuride
  • Connoisseur Topic Starter
22 years ago
Hello CigarMates, was wondering if anybody has any opinions on these cigars? I have never had any La Aurora products either.
arwings
22 years ago
Sorry.........This falls into the catagory of, "one of those I've never tried," for whatever reason........
RJ
  • RJ
  • Enthusiast
22 years ago
I had some a few years ago. They are rather rustic
looking, but very tasty. On the mild side of medium.
Decent little short smoke. I remember it being something I would smoke again.
hdking
22 years ago
i ended up with a five pack a few weeks ago,i thought they were pretty good, as the saying around here goes good for yard work, fishing, passing out to friends that dont bring their own smokes.
tandem401
22 years ago
La Aurora is a classic cigar without modern nuances. It suggested to me that I was smoking something quite old as if they had been stored in an attic for a while and picked up some dry mustiness. I have had two of them which both impressed my the same way, medium bodied, musty, a little spice and dull. I do not understand why this cigar fetches such high prices. Perhaps they have different lines. I haven't checked.

Principes reminded me very much of La Aurora so I suppose CBID is correct in their description of them as being made from the trimmings of the factory. If you find out that you like La Aurora you will find these to be an inexpensive alternative.

The construction is wanting, of course, because they're rolled from little pieces that fall into your mouth as you bite the end. Overall, the price was super and I don't regret the purchase but I didn't buy any more.
Users browsing this topic