fudge
  • fudge
  • Connoisseur Topic Starter
22 years ago
Macanudo hyde park, which is the better wrapper. I'm leaning to the maduro but would like some opinions 🙂
Steve*R
22 years ago
Do you really want that mild of a cigar?

I'd go to the General Cigar Company home page and read about the various blends of Macanudo.

www.cigarworld.com/brands/macanudo/macanudo_index.cfm

don't forget the http://
Slimboli
22 years ago
I don't think you want my opinion ...

... because I think ALL Macanudo's suck ...
grond
22 years ago
Ignore Slimboli... we all do.

As for you question, Macanudos are an extremely mild smoke, even in the newer Robust series. The cafe is a good morning smoke, with smooth a mellow taste, it has a natural creamy taste but, like all of the Macs, is extremely one dimensional. It tastes pretty much the same from the start to the finish except... it will get hot as it gets near the nub (another problem that appears in all Macs).

The Maduro is slightly sweeter with a slightly stronger punch but the same one dimensional taste profile. It, too, gets hot near the nub so If find myself putting it out much sooner than I would.. a CAO Black.

The new Robust blend is a square pressed cigar. It actually has a decent flavor profile with different strength, intensity and the like as you smoke down the cigar. This is very different from most Macs. I find the new robust the best of the lot but all are still way too weak for a good everyday cigar. I smoke Macs on my morning golf rounds on the weekend and that's about it.

Hope this helps,

Regards

Grond
Users browsing this topic